electrical gurus....need help

I searched and couldn't find anything close to this problem. The 97 V6 in my sig keeps blowing the #9 fuse. It is 15 amp fuse listed as Brake on / off (BOO) switch, Brake pressure switch, Electronic flasher. When it goes it takes out the signals, brake lights and flashers. It isn't noticeable until you start the car. I'm thinking that it blows just before you shut the car off. Have checked all of the bulbs and wires and found nothing but two wires behind the clutch that had surface chafing. I moved these wires away from the clutch. I'm thinking that when you push the clutch in before parking, it may pull the two wires that were chafed and cause a short.

If moving the wires cures the problen that's good, but I wanted to get a head start on advice from people who know more than me about electrical issues or may have had this problem.

Thanks in advance...0ldster

• Sponsors (?)

It got to the point it was blowing fuses the second you put the fuse in - key off. It went to the dealer.

Thanks for chimin' in mustang95w. I just didn't have the luxury of putting the '97 in the garage and work on it when I had a chance like I do the 89, so off to the dealer it went. I'll let you know what the problem was.

50ldster said:
I searched and couldn't find anything close to this problem. The 97 V6 in my sig keeps blowing the #9 fuse. It is 15 amp fuse listed as Brake on / off (BOO) switch, Brake pressure switch, Electronic flasher. When it goes it takes out the signals, brake lights and flashers. It isn't noticeable until you start the car. I'm thinking that it blows just before you shut the car off. Have checked all of the bulbs and wires and found nothing but two wires behind the clutch that had surface chafing. I moved these wires away from the clutch. I'm thinking that when you push the clutch in before parking, it may pull the two wires that were chafed and cause a short.

If moving the wires cures the problen that's good, but I wanted to get a head start on advice from people who know more than me about electrical issues or may have had this problem.

Thanks in advance...0ldster

Mine did this same thing last year, and i couldn't find any wires rubbing anywhere either. so i took it to the dealer the next day, but on the way, i heard a pop noise right behind the driver's seat. i dunno what it was, but when i got there, they put a fuse right in and it worked fine. then they tried doing all kinds of things to make it blow again, but it wouldn't. so it has been fine since then. but i figure that mine was due to some wires running along the body to the back brake and signal lights that may have rubbed (maybe i might have rubbed some of the plastic off the wire when i gutted the interior...who knows). but let us know what yours was from, though.