Electrical system

jrod2423

Aug 15, 2011
Byesville, Ohio
Ok so in my 98 mustang i have been changing stuff up to make it look better and all that stuff but lately i've been messing around with lighting system. So i tore the whole dash apart and changed the bulbs and put blue LEDS in but my car either burns the LED out or the LEDS turn purple, one person told me my voltage may be wrongs or unsteady floeing but i think it may also be the amperage also.

• Sponsors (?)

The voltage and polarity for LED's is important. If plus/minus is backwards, this can damage them. Excessive voltage will also harm them.

LED's can have an external ballast resister to lower the voltage down to a safe level for the LED. LED's that have been packaged to mimic light bulb sockets should have the ballast resister built in.

Since you have included no information about which LED's you are using, any additional help is going to be difficult.

The LEDS im using i got off ebay and ive torn one apart and it already has the resister built into it, but they will either fade out or will be purple instead of blue. I've gone through and checked that all fuses in the fuse box for the instrument panel are ford factory correct, but i don't know what to do now. i also got ahold of the guy i bought them off of and he said it sounds like i have an unsteady flow of amperage.