Electronics reset on right hand turns?

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
This has gotten progressively worse over the last few weeks, but now whenever I make a right hand turn or even jerk to the right to avoid something, my radio shuts off and then turns back on and my big orange idiot lights (low fuel, low coolant, etc) flash as if I've just started the car. Every once in a while, the throttle will blip like the whole ignition system reset. Last night I noticed that my headlights blink when it happens too.

Any ideas on where to start?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought about the ignition switch...but it has not bearing on the position of the steering wheel. Its just the G force of the turn that seems to be doing it. As soon as it stops pouring rain I'll check the main ground. Its the only one that really has room to move around.

I agree with the ignition switch and linkage suggestion, especially if your column has some movement in it (they loosen up over the years).

Same thing happened to me a while back, I'd be driving, hit a bump and the whole car's power system just died and then came back on a second later.

What it turned out to be was one of my battery wires was too long and it was rubbing on the driver side headers, the heat melted a hole in the cable so the bare wire was showing, it would then make contact with the ground from the headers and thus short out the power system.

I would check all of your grounds starting at your battery, sounds like a loose cable or a bad ground.

Good luck