Resolved Emissions Reserve vacuum routing in passenger side wheel well

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
who has the better shop manual for 1991 stangs?

One of the ebay ones?!....

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 1991 EVTM. I can take a pic of the relevant page.

Im confused on what exactly the question is. One vac reserve goes to the HVAC controls and the other is for the EGR/TAD/TAB

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have the 1991 EVTM. I can take a pic of the relevant page.

Im confused on what exactly the question is. One vac reserve goes to the HVAC controls and the other is for the EGR/TAD/TAB
His HVAC is connected, he apparently has two black vac lines that appear to be broke/cut off, only one nipple on the vac can.

@Yyhoop - I think you should just tee those 2 lines together and connect them to that vacuum can with the open connector. Looking at the vacuum diagrams it doesn't look like there's a check valve near that hose junction. See what happens. Is the car actually running at present?

Reactions: 1 user
@Yyhoop - I think you should just tee those 2 lines together and connect them to that vacuum can with the open connector. Looking at the vacuum diagrams it doesn't look like there's a check valve near that hose junction. See what happens. Is the car actually running at present?
That's what I did. I teed them together and ran a single line to the vacuum can. I also replaced the EGR valve and position sensor. The car seems to be running great, much better than when none of that stuff was hooked up. I'm pretty sure the EGR valve was original. I still need to replace the EGR, TAB and TAD solenoids. I'm pretty sure its all original. It's responsive, shifts nice (automatic) and the RPM bounce is gone.

Still have a lot of cosmetic work to do on it but mechanically it seems good.

CJP and LMR seem to be fairly popular, do you have a preference for buying cosmetic type items. There is very little on the car cosmetics that doesn't need to be replaced. (Labor of Love)

It appears he’s missing the HVAC ball completely. There are two vac cans.

One vac line to the small cylinder, and another vac line to the ball.
The HVAC ball is there and hooked up. I still had two additional vac lines that were chewed off (not the vapor return line to the fuel tank)in the wheel well. After further investigation and help here I ran them into a tee connector than a single line to the emissions can.

Car is running great.

Thanks everyone who helped me out with this.

Reactions: 1 users