Engine help

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by robert912005, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. I just got a 351 winsdor out of a 70's LTD... Are the rocker arms supposed to have studs or bolts?
  2. generally they use a stud mount rocker arm, though someone could have replaced the heads with ones that use bolt down rocker arms.
  3. What are your plans for the engine?
  4. It depends an the year. Prior to 78 uses studs and rail rockers. 78+ uses bolt down rockers with pivot guided rockers. If they are 77 or newer the have 1.78" intake valves, 1.45" exhaust valves and big 69cc chambers. 69-76 uses 1.84 in and 1.54 ex valves with 61cc chanbers.