Engine Question

Well my engine decided to take a sh... anyways.. my buddy has a 98 explorer 5.0 and i was wondering if this will work in my car? and if there is anything that i need to change on it to make it work? also is there any kind of improved performance between my 302 and the explorer 302? Thanks for any and all help!

• Sponsors (?)

yes it will swap... id change out the cam... also have to get rid of the explorer timing belt cover and oil pan i think... with a decent cam your looking at about 260hp you also will probally need gt40p headers...

Adam95GT said:
yes it will swap... id change out the cam... also have to get rid of the explorer timing belt cover and oil pan i think... with a decent cam your looking at about 260hp you also will probally need gt40p headers...

is it just a direct swap? i was think about a tfs stage 1 or a crane cam... i have long tube headers.. i heard the work fine.

Adam95GT said:
wait you have a 96gt... thats a 4.6...

who has a 96? i have a 95 5.0 and it looks like adam does too...

gt96stanggt said:
is it just a direct swap? i was think about a tfs stage 1 or a crane cam... i have long tube headers.. i heard the work fine.

who has a 96? i have a 95 5.0 and it looks like adam does too...

i thought you had a 96 by your name... yea some long tubes will fit... crane cam or tfs would both probally be a good choice.... its a strait swap...