engine swaps

2002trueblue

Oct 5, 2004
Hey whats going on guys im new to the thread but have been a long time reader. I have recently come upon a dilemma with my 2002 gt 5-spd. While drivin on the interstate i ran over god know what what but it put a hole in my oil pan leading to the destruction of most of my internals and damage to my block. I have thought of many thing to do including just swappin in a new 2v. Because i have alot of experience with the ford 302 and carburator systems i was wondering if swapping in a 302 would be possible (347 1000cfm carb, still in build process for 88 lx using late model block). i was wondering if i used motor mounts from a 94-95 mustang, a crossmemember from a 94-95, and an adapter plate for the t-45 transmission would that work? hood clearance is not an issue and the vehicle would be al motor. (i know all my gauges would have either have to be aftermarket but im mmostly concerned with fitting the motor in.

thanks for all the help criticism is welcome as long as someone at least helps lol

• Sponsors (?)