Estimates??

I am in the process of buying an auto"tragic" 1991 Mustang GT with 117K miles. The car is bone stock and has always been that way. I have BBK shorty headers, off-road h-pipe, and Flowmaster catback to put on it. I also have a freshly rebuilt (beefed up) AOD with a Transgo shift kit and a 2200 stall converter. I also have a B&M Hammer Shifter and a tranny cooler to be installed. I know these things are slugs, but what do you guys think the car is capable of in the 1/4 with a with the above mods, a decent driver, 3.73s, and a fresh posi rebuild?

Also, my computer is wearing out here with all the searches and I'm sure there are plenty of threads on it, but what kind of free mods can I do to this car??? Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

Far as free mods go, try advancing your timing. Some people go as high as 16 degrees BTDC. I set mine at 14 degrees BTDC & then to 12. ( seemed to run best there ) If you have not removed your air silencer that will help too. It's behind the air filter box inside the fender. Pulleys are not free, but for around a 100 bucks they can make a pretty big difference. Good luck!