Ever feel snubbed by the s197 crowd?

eh they are pieces lol. my brothers car on the way to florida goes to half tank of gas and literally drops down to empty without any notice and does this within seconds then says 0 miles till empty and shuts off. lol a cop gave him a ride to the gas station to get some gas then when we go fill up the car it stil had 6 gallons left in it.

everytime we tried filling the tank up to the pump cut off like it was full. and it took about 15 minutes to fill it up from half tank. My dad said not to take my car cause it will break down. hahahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht.

so we always had to fill up at a half tank and couldnt run it below that it was gay.

oh and i always tell my brother he needs to get BAYLINR on the license plate cause that thing is a land yacht hahaha

• Sponsors (?)

I have run into my fair shair of overall mustang douche bags from every mustang generation from foxes to s197s, they are everywhere. I do think I have run into more jack*** fox guys though.

I dont really pay much attention to s197s though because I dont like the body style much. There are a few out there that I will drool over but not many. I have run into a few s197s guys that were REAL car guys though and were cool.

I never really paid attention to be honest. But I have noticed most of the ones in my area are old dudes are grannies driving them which is cool for them because they're reliving their youth. Every once in a while I'll notice a nice modded one here but not too often.

P.S. For better or worse when my car is finished I don't think I'll have much of a choice with other people, let alone S197's noticing it. Muwahahahaha.

When i bought my 02 model new in 2001, i waved at every dingbat in a new GT and they were usually too middle aged to realize what was going on. Now that the prices are under 10K for the cars, the younger crowd now owns them... and i get waves back. I admit that I ignore the v6 "cheaper insurance" people. I never acknowledge them :p

I think the s197 guys are just like us. All the ones I have talked to are awesome. All the moded s197 and sn95 guys that I have passed on the road give me a wave or thumbs up but the un moded ones seem liked they don't even drive a mustang. Now the people that drive the fox don't seem to like the sn95 or s197 crowed.

Seems like a slightly different crowd with the S197's. Not all, but a lot.

Although I wonder if back when the SN95's came out, were the Fox guys thinking the same thing? Not that Mustangs are super expensive, but seems like more times than not the true "car guy" waits to buy one used rather than new, especially to mod it. Thus when the prices go down, you see a cycle where the newer models become old enough for the "hardcore stangers" who then buy them.

Dunno, just a theory. :shrug:

There's a guy in my neighborhood who has a newer yellow GT with some gross appearance mods and possibly more. He always looks at me and my Fox as though mine is junk or something. I'd be more interested in seeing his face in my rearview mirror though. :D

I like the S197s. But I have noticed most of the owners that I've met are first time mustang owners. And they usually do not know much about their cars. The few that have the supercharger packages got it put in for them. I like to point out that I put my Kenne Bell and intercooler in all by myself.

They are nice looking cars but so is mine.

I was thinking more about it since I first posted the thread and I've come up with a couple of more points that ya'll seem to agree with.

I live in Tempe so I frequent the PHX and Scottsdale area. I have noticed that a lot of the people driving the s197s are middle aged. I think that a lot of people are first time owners or maybe they are dealing with a midlife crisis scenario. I'm not pretending to be older I turn 25 in a month but I kinda miss the old days when you were limited on your factory options from ford. You had a choice between a V6, GT, or Cobra. Then it was pretty much up to you to mod and change it. Now days you can buy a handful of different specialty models. Saleen and Roush aside. Now Shelby is in the game. I feel like I see a couple Shelby GT's each week. And almost everytime regardless of color it's a middle aged man or woman and they just seem oblivious to everything. In the past, it just seemed that the only people driving those special models were real enthusiasts.

Sorry for the rambling.

IDK, most have always waved or honked at me :shrug: There is this one chick with a yellow V-6 with stripes and big wheels with the GT rear valence. She asked me the same question someone else in this thread got. "Why did you spend all that money on an old Mustang like that when you could have a nice one like mine with the new more powerful engine?"
At which point I asked her if she wanted to race for pinks. She said she wouldnt screw me if I was the last guy on the planet. She turned very red when I explained what "Pinks" were :nonono:

"Why did you spend all that money on an old Mustang like that when you could have a nice one like mine with the new more powerful engine?"

At which point I asked her if she wanted to race for pinks. She said she wouldnt screw me if I was the last guy on the planet. She turned very red when I explained what "Pinks" were :nonono:

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh:

My wife says the same thing to me. :(

Most of the S197 owners in ga are mostly older men and women. But then again there are young guys and girls who have them too. I mean they've been pretty cool to me. But I have noticed that guys in the foxes kinda have animosity to the 4.6 motor.

i think tis that 3rd valve on their car they think theyre better than us 2v guys and more econimical than the 4v and look down their noses at us cuz 197 is the retro and only stang in their eyes........ im just throwing it out there

I like the S197s. But I have noticed most of the owners that I've met are first time mustang owners. And they usually do not know much about their cars. The few that have the supercharger packages got it put in for them. I like to point out that I put my Kenne Bell and intercooler in all by myself.

They are nice looking cars but so is mine.

we installed my brothers procharger on his 07GT and my kenne bell lol. i dont like other people doing my work for me. seems like i am driving someone elses creation then.

C;mon. It's nothing new. It's been the same way for the last 10-20 years

The older cars tend to have these people weed out because the only ones working through the probs are true enthusiasts. Cars 3-8 years old might have a few people who bought them used because they couldn't afford new and always wanted a Mustang, but as time goes on they move on too. By the time you get to Fox bodies, only enthusiasts own these 20+ year cars that require constant attention.

I'm sure in 5 years we'll be seeing "Why do those damn 6th Gen Mustang owners look down at us S197 guys!"

QFT --- and this too shall pass.
It's just the way things are with enthusiasts and owners.

With my cams and exhaust they don't even look at me to race. I have found that s197 guys think they are the **** but my car got more power, handle way better and my fat 18 x9 front and 18 x10 back with big tires looks and sounds way better then 05+ mustang.

Soon to be single turboed , I no longer need to worry about 90% of the car on the street.
IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

i dont know about them but i look at anything that looks pretty and i know has some power. if the other person is not the same they are not car people. ctsv, amg, m cars, vette, gto, srt8, viper, 911....anything that looks good and fast! :nice: