Everyone help me pick out front Coil-Overs

DARK-5.0

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Leawood, KS
Hey everyone. I'm in the market to buy some front coil overs. Ever since I did the h/c/i my 2" lowering sportline springs have lost so much weight the front is at stock heigth and and rear is slammed. Looks really goofy. So I am looking to get some coil overs. Who makes a great overall coil overs thats not cheap but not too expensive. I believe you get what you pay for, but I don't want to spend a whole lot. I've been thinking about calling up MM this week and talking to some guys over there.
But basically I'm looking for a good street weight but can do some good deeds at the track from time to time. Any suggestions?

Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

Jeremy, I only got to drive my car once with my new coil overs so I can't give you a lot of feedback, but they sure did work. Beware coil overs arew noisy in comparison to the stock setup, I wasn't aware of this and I thought something was broken on my car when I first took it out for a drive. I have 14" 175lb springs and the strange coil over setup that I got from Jason at http://www.paracing.com He is a GREAT guy to deal with.

Killercanary said:
Beware coil overs arew noisy in comparison to the stock setup, I wasn't aware of this and I thought something was broken on my car when I first took it out for a drive.http://www.paracing.com He is a GREAT guy to deal with.

ya, tel me about it.. Anoying as heck! I believe ( atleast on my setup) that its due to the caster/camber plates you use (4 bolts designs are best here IMO), and the simple fact that the spring actually rattles against the threaded sleeve. Im not sure how you could fix this correctly, but Ive often thought about some sort of coating on the sleeve, or plastic/ruber liner.
BTW, I use the full UPR front setup ( QA1 130lb 14" springs, which are too soft for a street car)

I'm pretty sure that 175 is going to be the weight to go with.

Paul, I know you didn't have a whole lot of driving time but how did they feel on the street. Were they firm enough to have some fun in the corners and obvisouly. How did they launch when you went to the track.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
Paul, I know you didn't have a whole lot of driving time but how did they feel on the street. Were they firm enough to have some fun in the corners and obvisouly. How did they launch when you went to the track.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. As soon as I find the best deal I'd like to buy the Strange adjustable struts. What shocks are you running in the rear?