Exhaust leak?

cobra2798

Mar 30, 2005
Clermont, Florida
Hey guys, I have not posted on stangnet in some time as I have not had a stang but im back now. So I bought a 97 GT with boltons, PI intake,3.73's and some other stuff. A few days ago the clutch went on me so I had a centerforce DF clutch and Fidanza AL flywheel installed, however the shop left me with a exhaust leak where the H pipe meets the exhaust manifold. My question is will a exhaust leak rob me of power cause the car feels kinda sluggish since I got it back. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If the leak is large enough, yes it can hinder performance a little bit.

Take it back to the shop and tell them they caused a leak. If they are any good they will fix it.

If the leak is large enough, yes it can hinder performance a little bit.

Take it back to the shop and tell them they caused a leak. If they are any good they will fix it.

Yeah im getting a tranny mount installed tomorrow at the same shop so ill have them fix it. You can hear the leak no problem. you can feel the loss of power no problem. Would it be that obvious or could it be something else?

i had the same problem with an exhuast leak in my 02 GT. It definetly makes the car feel sluggish. How are you liking that clutch setup?

Well im glad to see someone has experienced what im experiencing. Clutch feels great, little hard on the foot for a DD but it works. Did the sluggish feeling go away when you got it fixed? Mine was worse and I had them tighten it up and it felt a little better but not like it should be.

Yeah im getting a tranny mount installed tomorrow at the same shop so ill have them fix it. You can hear the leak no problem. you can feel the loss of power no problem. Would it be that obvious or could it be something else?

It should be obvious like that. It will effect the way the car runs as soon as the leak forms.