Exhaust on '03 GT

03mustangGT09

Dec 27, 2003
Hey just had a few questions about a change of exhaust on my 03 mustang gt. i have some extra money after christmas and am looking to get rid of my stock exhaust. i've heard of this set-up: BBK Longtube headers w/ BBK Catted x-pipe and Magnaflow Magnapack Cat-Back. How much does this cost, and I think the BBK Longtube headers are out of the question because of cost...would that ruin the whole exhaust sound, or just make it a lot quieter? i have no idea what exhaust i want, have heard this in sound clip and really like it. i just really want to dump the stock h-pipe....way too quiet. thanks all..would appreciate names, the type of sound, and im looking for good performance gain as well.

• Sponsors (?)

i'm putting full mac exhaust on mine again :D i had it on my previous mustang & loved it. some peopel will tell you about rust problems & what not with mac, but i have had no complaints what so ever with them :nice: i just got my set-up yesterday l/t's-$301, prochamber-$219, & 2 1/2 - w/3 1/2 tips cat-back(being ordered mon)-$335 :nice:

03mustangGT09 said:
Hey just had a few questions about a change of exhaust on my 03 mustang gt. i have some extra money after christmas and am looking to get rid of my stock exhaust. i've heard of this set-up: BBK Longtube headers w/ BBK Catted x-pipe and Magnaflow Magnapack Cat-Back. How much does this cost, and I think the BBK Longtube headers are out of the question because of cost...would that ruin the whole exhaust sound, or just make it a lot quieter? i have no idea what exhaust i want, have heard this in sound clip and really like it. i just really want to dump the stock h-pipe....way too quiet. thanks all..would appreciate names, the type of sound, and im looking for good performance gain as well.

Believe it or not, longtube headers quiet the exhaust in the lower RPM range. Although at wide open throttle, they're definitely louder than the stock manifolds and just flat out scream. If I were you and wanted some serious gains in the sound department, I'd go with some sort of off-road X or H pipe and the cat-back of your choice. I think most cat-backs sound good, it just depends on what you like. If I had the money, I would have gone with Borla, but that was around $250 more than what I paid. Bassani, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster all make popular cat-backs as well. Here's a good place to listen to some sound clips:

http://ubb.mustangexhaust.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=7

Hope that helps. Also, I believe both Bassani and Magnaflow make stainless and aluminized kits. I think Borla only makes stainless, and Flowmaster only makes aluminized. I chose Magnaflow because it sounded good, it was fully stainless, and it actually costed less than the Flowmaster kit. I paid like $320 shipped for the cat-back. I got the X-pipe used on eBay w/200 miles on it for $150 shipped. Good luck! :nice:

I like the sound of my mac exhaust. If you looking for a mid pipe look at a upr x-pipe. Great sound and under $150.00. Flow masters in my opinion dont sound aggressive enough on 99 and up stangs. Just my opinion :shrug:

...... that is EXACTLY what I have...

BBK LT - $499.95
BBK X-pipe w/ cats - $399.95
MagnaPack Cat-back - $364.95
BBK O2 Extension - $34.95

Total spent - $1373.95 (I got $20 discount)

I ordered it all from Nino from Ninosport.com

Got my BBK units in 2 days and Magnapack came 2 days later. I would recommend them. I installed them with my dad. Pics and sound clip in my website. Enjoy