exhaust question

tungsten07

Jul 8, 2007
i bought the bassani modular exhaust x pipe. i was running it without the cats and with the stock mufflers and the thing sounded awesome. loud as heck and not raspy at all. well i got pulled over by the local cops and they actually got out a mirror and saw I didn't have cats:( well lucky for me they were cool as hell and just let me drive away under the condition i would put the cats back on. so i threw on the high flow cats and now the car sounds stock again:mad: the only reason i bought the pipe with the hi flow cats in the first place was because i'm getting the cervinis full body kit with side exhaust and was going to put on the hi flow cats when i had the new mufflers. i figured i'd just run it with out the cats until i got that so it still would sound good. so here's my problem: i'm not going to be able to afford the cervinis kit for awhile and i don't feel like dropping $400 on a axel back that i'm not going to need once i get the cervinis kit. so is there any cheap way that I can get a good sound with a hi flow cat x-pipe??? i was thinking of just cutting out the stock mufflers and welding in a straight pipe in place of the muffler but i don't know how that would sound and i really don't want it to look like ***** either. any suggestion would be appreciated thanks. keep in mind this will just be a temp set up that i'll only be running for about 6 months. thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)