Exporting a 2005 Mustang

Andrew Burt

Apr 20, 2004
I live in England and have fallen in love with the 2005! I had a choice whether to buy a '66 or a brand spanking new one! No contest as I am not getting any younger and really don't need to spend hours on repairs. One big problem is finding a dealer near Dearborn who will give me a price. I can get to the dealer lists and then have to enter a Zip code, (which I don't have) and it all grinds to a halt! Any one got names of car salespeople at dealerships who want to conclude an easy sale????

• Sponsors (?)

Andrew,

I live in England also, and I am planning on importing an '05 early next year.

The prices on the Ford website are still for '04 models, no prices have been confirmed yet for the '05, but judging on previous posts expect a small increase on '04 prices. Prices should be confirmed soon.

Why do you need a dealer near Dearborn? I am planning on buying mine from an east coast dealer to keep transport costs down.

Think I will be going for a GT in black with interior upgrade package and a few other options, hopefully not going over 27k. I'm leaving it till next year when hopefully you will get a rebate on them :D

Darren

I have been doing some paperwork to export my car (2003 Cobra) to Malaysia as I will be living there the end of this year. Man what a Pain in the arse.

They have a 300% tax on any car over 3.0 liters. All kinds of paperwork and have been trying to figure out how to get an appraisal they will accept to tax on (hopefully a very low one).

They are having a hard time because they dont have anything even close to a mustang there. On the plus side 97 octane is at the gas pumps there so I can run even more boost and I hope to have a kenne bell by then.

Let me know if you have any tips on importing a car to a foreign country.

EXPORT INTO MACEDONIA

Hi to all,

My name is Ardijan and I am from Macedonia, Skopje (Europe). I intend to get one of this to beautiful horses. So...

As I saw in internet for the price of new MUSTANG is about 20.000 USD in: http://www.stangnet.com/2005fordmustang/index.html

"What’s more, all this unrivaled driving excitement will continue to come at an attainable price. Mustang will remain the best performance car for under $20,000, and the most affordable 300-horsepower car made today."

Any information for Export, price and consumption is welcome :spot:

Thank you all.

Ardijani said:
Hi to all,

My name is Ardijan and I am from Macedonia, Skopje (Europe). I intend to get one of this to beautiful horses. So...

As I saw in internet for the price of new MUSTANG is about 20.000 USD in: http://www.stangnet.com/2005fordmustang/index.html

"What’s more, all this unrivaled driving excitement will continue to come at an attainable price. Mustang will remain the best performance car for under $20,000, and the most affordable 300-horsepower car made today."

Any information for Export, price and consumption is welcome :spot:

Thank you all.

Well the V6 will be under 20,000. The GT, which is 300hp will be closer to 25-26,000

exporting cars

If anybody has any questions regarding the export of a vehicle please feel free to call me in my office @ 610-832-8738. I've owned an import/ export buisness for 5 years now and I really no some good in's and out's for filing the necassary documents, lets just say there are plenty of loop holes for those ridiculas value added taxes. As far as the guy moving to Malayasia I spent a few years in Klang and I can't even think of what a disaster it would be having a Mustang over there you might want to re-think that one bro, no enough gas and the emissions would be a real problem with there smog rating.

cost to export

I can provide a firm ocean cost but the actual duties and taxes are just estimated (5-8% of commercial invoice) so please don't hold me to them.
Ocean Freight via roll/on-roll/off carrier from Long Beach, CA to Constants, Romania cost- $1,100 U.S. Dollars War***e and handling will be another $400.00. This estimate is based on your dealer delivering the car to the pier in Long Beach or East coast port and delivery to Romania pier, p/u would need to be done by yourself or an appointed in-country freight forwarder. I'm not sure what port your closest to but if you had one in mind let me know

99LEGT said:
I can provide a firm ocean cost but the actual duties and taxes are just estimated (5-8% of commercial invoice) so please don't hold me to them.
Ocean Freight via roll/on-roll/off carrier from Long Beach, CA to Constants, Romania cost- $1,100 U.S. Dollars War***e and handling will be another $400.00. This estimate is based on your dealer delivering the car to the pier in Long Beach or East coast port and delivery to Romania pier, p/u would need to be done by yourself or an appointed in-country freight forwarder. I'm not sure what port your closest to but if you had one in mind let me know

As first, thank you for the info's.
Well I don't know, but I think it's much better to Greece or Serbia and Montenegro. :shrug: