'Exterior Sport Appearance' Option...?

jetsaholic

Sep 28, 2004
I know it comes with the rear spoiler, but what kind of stripes are added to the car? I was under the impression it was going to be racing stripes on the hood...but after looking at forddirect.com, it says it will be 'Lower Bodyside Sport Tape Stripe' instead. I want to know if the package also comes with hood stripes...if not, how much does it cost to add them on?

• Sponsors (?)

ShelbyMan said:
V6 models has an optional Exterior Sport appearance package (54V) for $295 retail/$254 dealer cost. Not available on GT's though
"racing strips" (not painted) are an dealer installed option if I remember correctly. I don't recall the price but the are somewhat small stripe and do not cover the entire car.
Refer to this thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6424&hl=stripe
Thanks for the info. The link was pretty informative. What are 'Lower Bodyside Sport Tape Stripe' anyway? Is that the stripe that goes along the side base of the car, that says "mustang" on it?

PerformanceRed said:
I have a black stripe on my 2002 V6 Mustang and I love it.

You guys are better off getting some nice hood and side scoops for your 2005 Mustangs rather than worrying about the stripes. Your 2005 Mustangs are all BORING LOOKING without the side and hood scoops and with some nice rims. I'm glad that I didn't order one.

Ford needs to get it right.

do you have anything else of value to add, or are you going to post the same thing in every thread?

30AnnivStang said:
do you have anything else of value to add, or are you going to post the same thing in every thread?

I totally agree. It appears he just loaded up every thread he could find and then told everyone that he wants to have sex with "hood and side scoops" because that is all that he talks about.