F 303 Cam vs. Trick Flow Cam?

I have an F cam right now, but I am going to be building up a 347 and I am trying to decide whether or not to use it in my next motor. I am looking at the most aggresive of the trick flow cams. Does anybody know anything about it? My 347 will be around 10:1 compression have twisted wedge heads and use about 150 hp of nitrous. Which one should I use? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

agent007kimball said:
I have an F cam right now, but I am going to be building up a 347 and I am trying to decide whether or not to use it in my next motor. I am looking at the most aggresive of the trick flow cams. Does anybody know anything about it? My 347 will be around 10:1 compression have twisted wedge heads and use about 150 hp of nitrous. Which one should I use? Thanks

The bigger cam in the 347 will net you tons more power then the F cam. The F cam(.512/.512 288/288dur 110LS??) is a little above and a lot better than the TFS # 1 cam(.499/.510 275/279dur 112 LS) The #2 cam is awesome(.542/.563 286/294dur 112LS). The #3 cam is the most wicked(.574/.595 298/361dur 110LS). Just make sure your heads will flow effeciently for those and make sure it has the clearance. The #3 is a race cam. The #2 is great for the street and strip. The F is a great cam, but the #2 and #3 will ultimately get more power. IMO

wrathchild said:
I think most people would disagree with that.

That is cool. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But we are talking about a guy that is trying to get the most power out of a stroker...not a "mildly" modded street 5.0. Sure, for a Out of the box headed, out of the box intaked car, the #1 cam would be perfect, expecially if it were TFS heads and intakes. I have personally had the #1 cam and the Crane 2432 cam, which is the same grind as the #2 cam, and the F cam. I liked the #2 cam the best, but I only used it with a blower. The F and #1 cam were similar, but the F pulled harder. The # 1 cam was more midrange. Not to dog TFS at all, I LOVE TFS and all of their products. I was just giving an honest opinion.

agent007kimball said:
I definetly want to go for the #3 cam then. I want to make as much power as possible. Will I need to get work done to my twisted wedge heads to make this cam work?

You will have to have your pistons flycut to meet the lift requirements. You will need stronger springs too. BUT as billetunderwear said, to get the most power for your app, get a custom cam. These cams we see in MM&FF and Summitt are gererally designed for everyone, but every setup is different, and you will only see max #'s with a cam specifically designed for your EXACT setup. Who knows, they may only recommend a .520 lift cam. Never hurts to check.