factory keyless entry install

• Sponsors (?)

Did your car have it to start with? Mine did not and I am not sure if the wiring is in place. I know that it plugs in the trunk and I can't find a connector to plug it in to. I do have power door locks and would love to add this to mine. If it is not programed it is not hard to do it. I have instructions in my shop manual.

Did your car have it to start with? Mine did not and I am not sure if the wiring is in place. I know that it plugs in the trunk and I can't find a connector to plug it in to. I do have power door locks and would love to add this to mine. If it is not programed it is not hard to do it. I have instructions in my shop manual.

great thanks i may be in touch for the info driggins also i believe ford has only one wire harness they installed in all there year models depending on the year the plug in should be there if it was an option on your year model....engel i got it off ebay for $41.and did yours break you might just need to reprogram the key fob...

i got my key fob from ford...it was pretty cheap..just needed to be programmed to my car....what a cake walk that was too......im being serious lol its hard to tell sarcasim on a computer lol

can you or someone else list the steps to program the key fob for a 94-95 mustang....thanks....i have a 1999 explorer and you just turn the ignition key from the off position to the on position within 10 seconds then i believe the dash lights will flash then you have 10 seconds to push up to 4 key fobs unlock button and that programs the computer to accept those frequencys...

while we are on this subject.

anyone wouldn't happen to know where i could get the brain for the factory alarm.

i couple of years ago my car wouldn't start wouldn't make a sound, but had juice form battery. so i changed the starter nothing. so i figured it was the alarm. who ever installed it didn't do a good job as they put the alarm brain right behind the clutch pedal. and what happen over time was the clutch pedal was hitting right where the wire harness plugs into the brain and broke the plug that sits in the brain. so i had to jump the ignition kill relay. and like an ass after going to my local ford dealer and them wanting $200 for a new one i throw the old one on the garbage. i still have the keyless entry, which i need cause i have no key holes. but i have no alarm. and i would rather just plug in a new brain into the wire harness thats there.

can anyone help out?

Key Fob setup instructions

turn the key to on (don't start). Short the two pins in the grey connector momentary and the door locks will cycle, push a button on the fob and they cycle again, if you have more then one fob repeat for the others before you turn off the ignition. When you turn off the ignition the door locks cycle one last time.
Your fob(s) should work now. :SNSign: