factory seat cover installation

mustangpenny

Jul 24, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has done one of these. I just got some factory leather seat covers to replace my cloth in my 05 V6 Convertible. Would like to know the best way to proceed. Don't want to tear anything up, which for me is not hard to do. Does anyone have any instructions that they would like to share? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Penny

• Sponsors (?)

mustangpenny said:
Just wondering if anyone has done one of these. I just got some factory leather seat covers to replace my cloth in my 05 V6 Convertible. Would like to know the best way to proceed. Don't want to tear anything up, which for me is not hard to do. Does anyone have any instructions that they would like to share? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Penny

First, the seats have to be completely disassembled right down to the frame .... there is no alternative. The work to do just the two front seats took me 6 hrs of (nearly) non-stop effort from unbolt to bolt-down. Not much fun there.

Get a print-out of the Ford seat assembly diagram from your Ford Dealer or find a copy on line. You'll need it.

You'll also need some upholsterers Hog-Nose pliers ...

good luck ~