Fake Cobras

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Dallas Texas
Ive seen 3 fake cobras in the last couple of days.....
The first was a green 96 w/Cobra badges and big tires and wheels.... had me fooled until I saw the rear
bumper was still a Mustang GT bumper. Needless to say he wouldnt pull
up beside me at the lights.... cause I might give him the Cobra test.
Next I see a 99/04 with a cowl hood and a terminator front bumper, Cobra
badges but still with a V6 rear bumper and single exhaust. And the worst
was a 99/04 V6 with Cobra badges, still had 15 inch stock wheels.

:bs:

• Sponsors (?)

The other day I saw a 99/04 V6 with 01 Cobra front bumper, Cobra R hood, Roush rear, debadged all around with stock V6 wheels and of course single exhaust. :ban:

It looked like it was "modified" to take off in the air rather than on the pavement. It also reminded me of Arnold Terminegger standing of heels. :rlaugh:

i only get pissed when i see badging. anyone can buy a trim piece whether it be a rocker panel, front bumper etc. thats fine. thats all about style and oftentimes it looks good

*i only have a problem when they slap cobra/roush/saleen/etc badging on their car. theres a difference between STYLING like X and POSING like X. Where X is Cobra/Saleen/Roush/etc

*The exception to the rule is that this person is working on a clone project. If its a v6, it better get a v8 ;)

I'd have to agree completely, i really dislike the posers in V6's with Cobra/Saleen/Roush/Boss stickers and badges.

Now, I love both new edge Cobra bumpers and Cobra hoods..to each their own as long as they aren't posing.

I saw a 96-98 V6 here at school the other day. Had the Cobra bumper, hood, dual exhaust, some form of 17 inch Cobra wheels, everything. The car honestly didn't look bad. Then I saw up on the hood by the stripes he put on it "3.8 Liter." And then I heard him crank it up....:nonono:

-Will

I saw a 96-98 V6 here at school the other day. Had the Cobra bumper, hood, dual exhaust, some form of 17 inch Cobra wheels, everything. The car honestly didn't look bad. Then I saw up on the hood by the stripes he put on it "3.8 Liter." And then I heard him crank it up....:nonono:

-Will

at least its not posing! it would have been sweet if it was turbo'd

I have the V6 Rear bumper with no tailpipes....wanna test out my "cobra-ness" :lol: j/k

Yeah, I agree. I do hate that my car has the cobra bumper, hood, side skirts, wheels because I feel like the previous owner was cloning, but at least it does not have the badges. If it did, I would have taken them off first thing! Maybe some day I will put dif. wheels on it to set it off some from people thinking its a cobra....but then agian my lisc. plate does say BLWNGT...:D

What is really ironic is that for some time now I have been thinking about switching to V-6 fender badges because I just think they look a whole lot better than f'n snakes on the fender.

Maybe a mad-tyte sixer owner would trade me? :rlaugh:

I have the V6 Rear bumper with no tailpipes....wanna test out my "cobra-ness" :lol: j/k

Yeah, I agree. I do hate that my car has the cobra bumper, hood, side skirts, wheels because I feel like the previous owner was cloning, but at least it does not have the badges. If it did, I would have taken them off first thing! Maybe some day I will put dif. wheels on it to set it off some from people thinking its a cobra....but then agian my lisc. plate does say BLWNGT...:D

No cobra test for you, Ill just stay in the same lane as you 2 cars back
and act uninterested.:D

Here's one that confused even me. On interstate 75/40 in Knoxvegas I see what I think is a white Termi. I give it the 'ole "is that really a termi" because fake Cobras are rampant around here. As I passed it I notice that it has the correct rear bumper, correct exhaust for an independent rear, a Saleen-ish wing, GT sideskirts, GT mirrors, FR500 wheels, big brakes, heat extractor hood and termi front bumper, and of course the fender snake emblems. I would have called fake except the exhaust made me think twice. :shrug:

Here's one that confused even me. On interstate 75/40 in Knoxvegas I see what I think is a white Termi. I give it the 'ole "is that really a termi" because fake Cobras are rampant around here. As I passed it I notice that it has the correct rear bumper, correct exhaust for an independent rear, a Saleen-ish wing, GT sideskirts, GT mirrors, FR500 wheels, big brakes, heat extractor hood and termi front bumper, and of course the fender snake emblems. I would have called fake except the exhaust made me think twice. :shrug:

Hmm... IRS swapped GT maybe?:shrug:

yes i follow you fellas! and i simpathize with the pozers who wish they had a cobra! but guys c'mon you can have a great looking car without fakin it! if you want one make a effort to get one!... i did. Ihave a neighbor that has a beautiful 00-04. V-6 2tone blk/silv. He has it all! But not the power plant! I just laugh when i her it run! it's like a dang pretty transvestite!But you can tell it's a man under all the add'ons. Badda Bing.... But no Boom! Bottom line be yourself! not somethin you not!

I have the Mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete and everybody seems fine with that, but let me put the Cobra rear bumper cover on and I imagine I will get some flames. I understand why I guess because it does say COBRA on it, but my intention is to get the look of the rear end, not to pretend to be a Cobra. Additionally, I have thought about putting on the Tri-Bar running pony the V6 guys have, just to add a bit more confusion to those who wonder! Around here nobody really questions the car much, I get a ton of compliments on it though. :flag:

Today, I saw a rio-red new-edge GT with the silver 99 cobra rims, an 04 V6 hood, 99/01 Cobra front bumper and a GT rear bumper with the two exhaust cutouts. Car didn't even have the Suede seats with the Cobra symbol on them and the speedo reads 160 but doesn't have SVT on it......