Fan clutch elimination.

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
When I put the engine in to my car, I didn't have a fan for it. Since then I have found a fan and gotten the correct spacer for it but now I have a question about said fan. When I put the fan on I didn't really pay attention to the way it blew. Now that I have a heating issue I noticed that it is blowing towards the radiator but that is also the smooth side of the fan. Meaning that the blades are turned towards the engine. Did I put a standard rotation fan on my reverse rotation system? Thanks for the help.

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Running with a spacer instead of a clutch will be less efficient than a clutch set up.

I always thought the stock fan kind of gave an indication as to which way it mounts. It does seem as though you want to have the air blowing toward the motor, or else at low speeds, you will have a point of no net air flow across the coil.

Good luck.

the fan that I have can't accept a stock clutch. It is a flex fan like the one sold out of summit or jegs. I was told when it was given to me that it would work without any problems now I am experiencing this. can I just flip it over and maybe remove the spacer and it work until I can get me an electric fan?

thanks HISSIN50,
Nate

Nate, I see the reply, but since I have not used a flex fan, I cannot offer any advice.

Good luck bud and bump.

If you're already having cooling issues the way it is, then I would say try flipping it around. If it looks like it's about to overheat, just shut her down and eliminate that as a possibility.

Hurry and get the electric!