Favorite AND least Favorite mod you bought

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
In your opinion,
what is the best thing you ever bought for your car,
and what is the thing you bought that you wish you didnt (more than one? :rlaugh: )

For me:
Favorite: Rims (exhaust and gears already in when i bought the car :nice: )
Least Favorite: :shrug: (thats all i've bought so far)

• Sponsors (?)

Favorite: Short throw shifter, Subframes(wish i got full length), Nitto DR;s, new rims

Least favorite: Right now Vortech S-trim, car runs like ass and hasnt ran good since spring. Im sure once I do get it running good that will change. Also I wish I never paid for that custom dyno tune, im getting a tweecer now anyways to do it myself so I could have saved $450.

VibrantRedGT said:
My favorite and worst mod were the same-Vortech S-trim. Power and sound was awesome. Bad points were it was very finicky and ate head gaskets constantly. I will miss it.
:lol::rlaugh:

I was gonna say the same before I read this. When it's working, yeah, nothing beats adding a turbo or blower.

That aside, the single best for me was the gears. Torque Converter a close second.

Best show mod was the ARE rims! :nice: (thanks Joe)
RC

Favorite: Tri ax/wheels+tires (had Big O tires when I bought it :notnice: )
Least favorite: Head lights and corners (Not bad or anything. But I was just going to polish the stock ones, when some bastard broke one side so had to get them sooner then expected)

Aside from power modifacations, I absolutely LOVE my AC vent gauges. I have colant temp and oil pressue with the green condom. I got them a few years ago as a Bday present from my parents and to this day their definatly on the top 5 of my favorite mods.

Aside from power modifacations, I absolutely LOVE my AC vent gauges. I have coolant temp and oil pressue with the green condom. I got them a few years ago as a Bday present from my parents and to this day their definatly on the top 5 of my favorite mods.

fox body though right.....haven't seen the vent pods for our cars........

I have been pretty careful taking time on what i buy.......so i don't really dislike anything so far........(possily gears...only cause i think i went too steep)....

Favorite..... Paxton Novi 2000, 3.55 gears

Worst...... Replica Cobra rims that were powder coated and my H Pipe, wish I had gotten one other then BBK. Also my 2 Chamber Flowmasters, I have to swap them out now b/c it robs to much Power from the blower.

Striped5.0 said:
Favorite..... Paxton Novi 2000, 3.55 gears

Worst...... Replica Cobra rims that were powder coated and my H Pipe, wish I had gotten one other then BBK. Also my 2 Chamber Flowmasters, I have to swap them out now b/c it robs to much Power from the blower.
Thats what I had,a BBK.

matthiasj said:
crap...i've got a completely stock car, and tomrrrow am installing new mac mufflers and an off road h...that sucks :(
Alot of people like them,,Im just real picky with exhaust.Ive had my 5.0 for about a year and have had 5 different exhaust set ups so far :rolleyes: