F'd Ignition Timing...

• Sponsors (?)

I couldn't spin the distributor enough to get the module unbolted, so i had to pull the whole thing out, swapped the modules, put everything back in with all my marks lined up, went to start it, and it ran like crap. I spent a few hours trying to adjust it to where its supposed to be and couldnt get it. Also, if i do have to start all over, what should the timing be set at, its a totally stock 5.0 HO.

Orange86GT said:
Also, if i do have to start all over, what should the timing be set at, its a totally stock 5.0 HO.
welcome to the boards here. :)

i dont think the base timing will matter a whole lot right now. i would set it at 10* initially. you will probably stab the dizzy and rotate it while trying to start it - when it catches you can turn it (and use the light) to fine tune it.

good luck.

Alright, my buddy came over today, we got cyl 1 to TDC, dropped in the distributor and still couldnt get it to start. We checked for spark, and found we didnt have any, so since i just put the module on, we figured it must have been the stator, replaced that, still no spark. The only aftermarket part of the ignition is an MSD box, and i checked all the wires and their all solid. Any help would be appreciated.