Fivespeedsteed's Build Thread

• Sponsors (?)

i have no idea what the knocking is ive sat and thought about it and its generally had me in a crappy mood for the past 2 days. the wheels still jitter as you turn from lock to lock while sitting still, so im doin a powersteering pump today. my old fluid had chunks of rubber and stuff in it and im guessing they are like transmissions, when the stuff wears out the fluid turns darker and the tolerances are higher, then with new fluid in it it wont work right. this should stop the wheels jittering across the concrete when turning while going slow, but its proabably gonna knock still. i really wanna figure it out. i wanna get my lower ca's, but im not doing it till the fronts perfect.

yeah im pretty darn sure, i watched them with it on ramps while someone cranked it back and forth, they dont come close. jason at mm told me its either the struts not being tight enough or my alignment (for the wheel jittering) so i gotta call him monday with my alignment sheet. its got a new powersteering pump and it still jitters. jason also told me to loosen the rack on the k member and crank itback and forth and if it didnt jitter then then the rack mount isnt even, we did that though and it still jitters. peculuiar thing though is if you grab the 7/8s inch bolt on top of the strut and turn it, one side requires some muscle to spin it and the other side isnt very hard at all. hmmm

oh man i drove it around some tonight, and realized a few more things to add to the list, the front end looks much worse than i thought it did i noticed it worse from a different angle i saw it at tonight, the trans is kinda being more stubborn, and when i slow down and start to turn im getting some sort of pop then too. and its wandering around pretty bad and its still knocking and jittering across concrete when you turn it. ive got a new ps pump and rack and its still making allot of noise and ive bled it of air a ton. im really dissapointed that ive got so much time and money into the suspension and 5 lug for what it is and its still screwing up on me. im just gonna get it to school and let it sit and pull it apart and redo it all i guess. unless tomorrow i find out my alignment is way out of wack, and the new pump and rack is bad. never been so dissapointed..

oh man i drove it around some tonight, and realized a few more things to add to the list, the front end looks much worse than i thought it did i noticed it worse from a different angle i saw it at tonight, the trans is kinda being more stubborn, and when i slow down and start to turn im getting some sort of pop then too. and its wandering around pretty bad and its still knocking and jittering across concrete when you turn it. ive got a new ps pump and rack and its still making allot of noise and ive bled it of air a ton. im really dissapointed that ive got so much time and money into the suspension and 5 lug for what it is and its still screwing up on me. im just gonna get it to school and let it sit and pull it apart and redo it all i guess. unless tomorrow i find out my alignment is way out of wack, and the new pump and rack is bad. never been so dissapointed..

Sorry to hear about the issues. I've been there and it sucks, you pour time and money into the Stang and it's just not where it should be. It just plain sucks.

I'd say either step back for a bit and try to attack it with a fresh perspective in a few days/weeks or have a car buddy look at it so you can have a second opinion.

Hang in there, you'll get it. I've had my share of frustrations with this car... It's a love-hate relationship sometimes...

i guess you could say they do a little, it pulled my strut up higher into the car, so that to me would seem to make it lower. i can try to get a video when i start trying to figure it out. ive had plenty of car people look at it, its all the same opinions really.

alignment is as follows: left - right
caster 2.87 2.92
camber -.66 -.70
toe -.14 -.15

kinda wanted caster to be above 3 so i could have them set it at 2.6 or something. they didnt touch caster really, it was at those measurements for before and after. can that above be why its wandering around the road

i think i fixed it. i took it to performance autosport and they said to do the rack limiters, so i tracked down a ford dealer that had those plastic c clips. and i threw one in on each side, and it doesent rub the wheels or knock. was kinda interesting. i guess the rack was maxing out. who knows.

bought a torque wrench from sears and a creeper today from my friend, i got the k member brace on, and im im gonna retighten it all in a little. along with the rest of my suspension stuff. figured a torque wrench would be a good thing to have handy. and the creeper. also got my floor matts in, and my hatch and sunroof weatherstripping.

got the car to school, bought ramps for it so i can get it in the air more often casue getting a jack under it was half the battle before, and yes it fits on ramps. maximum now thinks that my knocking is my sway bar end links, so when i get to school im gonna pull my rack limiters out, and try to make it knock, then take the end links out, and see if it does it, and my uneven ride height is because my control arm bushings in the rear are shot. so when i get back im probably going to order bilstein HD shocks and struts ( to replace my tokico blues), mm road and track springs (to replace my damn c springs) , new poly iso's at all 4 corners, sway bar end links from mm, upper ford control arms, lower mm xd adjustable control arms, and then take everything apart in the front and torque it all really nicely, and then figure up some alignment specs i like and go have it aligned again.

LOL's you guys kills me.......seriously.

car looks good man

you wanna know why your vert didnt have rear springs? cause we threw them at a road sign running about 120 with the top down at 2 a.m. oh yea and we where drunk. thats seriously what happened to them. one of them hit a sign so hard it knocked a bolt out of it and it swung down upside down. :D