Flowmaster 40 Series

Big.T.66

Jun 2, 2017
Anyone here running the old 40 series 2 chamber Flowmasters? To me, there was no better sounding Fox Body running no cats and 2 chamber flows. I'm curious if you can achieve a similar tone on the S550's.

• Sponsors (?)

Before I bought the mustang, I had 3 different F150's all with modular V-8's and have been a member of F150 online for 12 years. You could check yourself if you like but the general consensus is flowmasters sound like crap on modular engines. On the old pushrod v-8's they sounded great, I had a set on my 89 five liter. Modulars sound better with a straight thru type like a magnaflow or a borla or even a corsa and they are dyno proven to make more power than the flowmaster does.

Thanks for the insight, appreciated. I was able to find a few videos of 40 series on a GTP, sounds OK, but definitely not like my old 91 & 93 302's. I personally can't stand the way the Borla and Magnaflow sound; they unfortunately just sound like a throaty import to me. I just purchased a 2017 GTP, so I suppose I'll test out a few different options. I also need to hear it in person, I'm sure videos do it no justice.

Cheers.