Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid:

Go with MAC's.
I don't have experience with magnaflows, but Flowmasters are infamous in the classic forum as producing a horrible drone inside the car(maybe it's cause we don't have cats). I've heard them on V6es, and they are pretty loud, usually the preference of people who, themselves, are loud show offs.

Thanks everyone keep the advice coming. I am kinda leaning toward the magnaflow catbacks because of their straight through design with the magnapack mufflers. They say V6 or V8 this is the catback for serious performance in mind. I would still like to hear more input from people if you have it. Thanks

ive got spintechs as well but they are side exit i love the sound of em always deep and never raspy but ive always been curious about their normal style mufflers. I agree that MACs sound great and their easy install will save u some cash even if you have them installed at a shop. i personally am not a fan of packed mufflers as they begin to sound raspy/buzzy ive only heard em on v8s tho. flowmasters are a popular choice among all muscle car owners but i do know they are notoriously known as dronemasters. try lookin on www.mustangexhaust.com you have to sign up but they do have a good number of sound clips, although expect better sound in real life

You guys speak of the drone as if it's a bad thing. :) I for one love them on my ride.

Flowmasters have a great level of BASS at idle and the low RPM range is beautiful as well... At higher RPM the bass diminishes but is followed by a metallic growl that finishes off the ensemble.

They sound mean, and at the same time are tame enough for enjoying music inside the cabin of the car (windows up of course)

Just my .02

Mach428 said:
Go with the magnaflow, theres no better sound :cheers:

werd. Even though exhaust systmes sound diffrent from V6 - V8's Magnaflows are still awesome.

Both MAC and Flowmasters suck, give them time and they will rust out. Magnaflows are stainless steal stright through design, I dont know why anyone would ever choose Crapmasters over Magnaflows. I switched from Flowmaster to my current Magnaflows and OMG what a world of diffrence.

I've got the complete Flowmaster Kit, (true duals aswell) I don't find it too loud, except when you tap the gas lightly, it does sound really mean :) hehe. They've always sounded awesome, never noticed any droning, nor are they that lound in the car. I'll be grabbing some vids of my car in the next couple weeks, I'll make sure I can get a good recording of the flows, so people can make their decisions.

Oh ... and when I want to listen to music, i'll turn the volume up a couple more notches, and the exhaust note is hardly noticable.