Follow up Dyno on 5.0

About a month and a half ago, I took my '11 GT down to Performance Race engineering for a 'stock pull'. They have a Dyno Dynamics dynomometer. It is different than a DynoJet dyno in that the Dynamics dyno is a "load bearing" dyno versus an "inertia dyno" that the DynaJet is. According to Jason @ PRE, there would be a 10% difference in numbers between the two; DynaJet being on the high side.

My previous 'stock pull' produced 345rwhp/355rwtorque @ 6000 rpm using 87 octane.

This morning, using a performance [91 octane] tune loaded from my Cortex 1950 using 92 octane gas, the numbers were: 376rwhp/365rwTorque @ 6500 rpm. The A/F ratio up high registered @ 12.2:1 which is where it should be.

Since we don't have 93 octane readlily availible here in Oregon, the 91 tune was as high as I was willing to go because of issues other folks have been having which are well documented. Anyway, I'm fairly certain that the numbers would be significantly higher on the 93 tune and I do have that ability to load it if I run across 94 octane or better.

The two test, at any rate, were to determine if I would keep the SC Cortex tuner or send it back if the numbers were not satisfactory. I bought the Cortex because it is virtually the only tuner that will handle muliple vehicles of the same manufacturer (Ford and Gm) on the same unit. I would also like to have a tune program for my '07 Ranger.

It looks as though the Cortex is going to be a keeper even after all the problems of having to wait 2 months for a properly calibrated program. However, a problem occured with the 91 tune as it all the sudden ran rich (10:1) puffing black out the tail pipes before the pull. Had to uninstall and re- install the tune and then it ran OK. Funny thing about that is the tune had been loaded for at least a week before putting it on the dyno with no problems! Weird! Will have to consult SC about why it might have done this.

Anyway, dyno sheets below, before and after...:) :

Attachments

• Glenden Beach and Boiler Bay 002.jpg
    Glenden Beach and Boiler Bay 002.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 19 Aug 11 dyno-GT.jpg
    19 Aug 11 dyno-GT.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Sponsors (?)