For anyone who ever wants to do a Fox TB swap

str8stang036

Dec 28, 2002
Miami
I recently did a fox TB swap with my blower, and I came into a bit of a jam when swaping out the connectors from the fox TPS to our car. I had connected mine wrong and got code 998-means hard fault. Which is that the car is running, but pretty much dead performance wise. So I finally found the answer from someone on Corral. HERE ARE THE COLOR CODED CONNECTIONS FROM A FOX STYLE TB TO A SN95:

GREEN WIRE TO GRAY W/ WHITE STRIPE

BLACK TO GRAY W/ RED STRIPE

AND THAT JUST LEAVE TWO LONELY WIRES TO CONNECT.

After all the connections have been made you MUST check the voltage on TPS. You check it by using an ohm meter. Dont put any electrical tape since you need to probe the GRAY W/WHITE STRIPE AND GRAY W/RED STRIPE to get the voltage. The TPS MUST read a minimum of .94V. If the TPS is off since remove the TPS and enlarge the holes where the screws go. This will allow for some movement which will give you the desired voltage. Re-install the TPS, but with screws lightly torqued so that you can move it. .98V is about the most you can go. Once you are in between the two numbers just screw the TPS, and thats it. Although you should check again just to make sure.

Enjoy guys, this frustrated me a lot until Vib (Joe) helped me on adjusting the TPS.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok now you have me interested in this. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and since someone has figured it out I think that I might give it a go. The only thing I wonder about is the throttle cable and how it's mounted. How did you deal with that on our cars? Or if you have a list of parts that you used and pics or something that would be very helpful and much appreciated. Just post them here or you can e-mail me at [email protected].

Roger...Thanks Dude....This will come in handy....Any pics of your set-up would be nice....I'd like to see how you did the CAI system....thats got me thinking??

I'm still waiting freakin parts to do mine up.... :bang:

Did you use an EGR delete spacer??? I got one coming, but I'm not sure I really need it...Got it just incase...

I have yet to get my TH cable and bracket...I'm on Xmas vaca this week and will hit the boneyards for that.....no ones coming thru in the classifieds...had like 4 people say they have em, but no ones got back firm yet...W.T.F...

The only parts that you need are:

Fox throttle cable
Fox throttle cable bracket (looks like and "L")
Fox female TPS connector, if your Fox TB already has the male
An EGR Delete or a spacer. I decided to make my own delete.

To mount the throttle cable all you have to do is make a hole in the firewall from where the cable comes from the inside. The reasn for this is because one of the holes is off by a little. The cable then mounts on the bracket with a screw, and it has only one positin so you cant go wrong. The it just snaps into the ball of the TB. Its a ball and socket type thing.

I got all my things from the junkyard. Dont only look at stangs, some thunderbirds also have the neccessary parts. My cable and bracket are from a T-bird.

As for the cruise control I havent really looked into that, but im sure its possible.