Ford ditching the Cobra name

What is the concensus on the cobra name

• Do away with the cobra name

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Keep the cobra name

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I saw one today. Didn't think they were out yet, I assume it was one of the test vehicles from the ford proving grounds (which aren't far away), and www.bieberfever.com is a few doors down from our shop so maybe they made a stop there for some reason. But there was absolutely no chance of mistaking it. Nothing to describe it other than insane. It sounded so good...I don't even know how to describe it. :nonono: I wish I had my camera on me.

Caldwell said:
I thought they were still keeping the cobra badges?
:shrug:

Yea on all the cobras i have seen(not like its a lot, 1 or 2 in person and the rest on the net) they have had the cobra emblem on them. In the front grill, its off set to the drivers side.

Its a marketing scheme by Ford....it makes sense since they went retro. I dont agree with it...i think they should have evolved the body again and kept it a COBRA. Period. But politics are politics. And money is power. I bet there are guys who disagree with a lot of what Ford has one...but what choice do they have?

I had the great opportunity to hear the Chief Engineer of the Viper project from wayyy back in the early 90's speak. He told us how he wanted to put the HEMI(old school not new school design) in the Viper and not a V10. Well his boss basically said if he put a V10 in it...then he would see himself out on the curb.