Ford just Rapped me!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

We use Activant here. It shows 5.5 without Evac and recharge. We are @ $80.43 an HR
$442.36
$93.53 evac and recharge
$69.95 heater core

total around $650.00 with tax and A/F Thats what we would charge.
Helps to know how to do it yourself.

RUNINAGT said:
We use Activant here. It shows 5.5 without Evac and recharge. We are @ $80.43 an HR
$442.36
$93.53 evac and recharge
$69.95 heater core

total around $650.00 with tax and A/F Thats what we would charge.
Helps to know how to do it yourself.

I use the McDonald and Weiser system...

12 hours x 3 Beers/Hour = 36 Beers @ $6 per six pack is $36.00

Plus,

(4 Double Cheeseburgers * $1) + (2 * 10 Piece Nuggets * $4) = $12.00

Equals a grand total of

$48.00 plus tax, title and hooker.

:shrug:

89blkntch said:
Damn son you might ass well bend over and let the Titanic slide on in. I only payed 19.99 for mine with a lifetime waranty. I would try and see if what they charged you for is what they did. Sometimes they fix other things and do not tell you and charge you for it anyways. Dang Dodge dealers. Sorry for the loss bro. Should have taken a weekend to do it, and other things that you wanted to do.

WHOA WHOA! Dang Dodge dealers? I work for a Dodge dealer.... and I can guarentee if I would've done that I would be fired. Infact, it's been done to someone else in our auto group.

ANY HOW! Being as now you know I work at a dealership... I would go in there with a full head of steam and give it back to 'em. Have some kind of proof of how long it should take (ie Motors, All-Data, etc ). Tell them list price on the part and see why the hell they raped you so bad. Most dealers with any kind of customer service will accomodate your concerns. I know I would... here's an example.....

List price for the Ford heater core w/ AC is right around $68.00.
Book time to replace is 5.5 hours w/ AC, most shops with a vehicle this old will add at most 1 hour, so our total would be 6.5 hrs.

My shop rate is $82.00 per hour x 6.5 = $533.00
$533 + $68.00 + $30.00 ( misc items & coolant ) = $631.00

If their labor rate is anywhere close to ours they almost DOUBLED installation time and part cost. This is irresponsible business and your dad shouldn't accept it:nono: . It's far from general practice and if your dad goes in, asks to speak to the Dealer Principal and talks reasonably and educated with him, there's not much to argue about. Go get your money back.