Ford Out of MyColor Gauges?

• Sponsors (?)

I was told this by the salesman I talked to after I test drove one with that feature. I thought it was bs. How could Ford simply decide to add the MyColor option to V6's and not think about the fact that they could run out of supplies and not have ordered enough. I guess they better put "While supplies last." on their website for that option.

Is this just for V6s or will this apply to the GTs as well? I have a GT on order, and honestly, I could care less about having the feature, I just don't want my order to get delayed 6 months for it - I would rather get the car quicker without the feature than wait for it, you know?

I thought he meant it applied to the V6 and GT, although if you go by what he said Ford was going to do before they decided to let the V6 have that option, then that means that maybe the V6 will not have the option so they can at least keep it going for the GT, but who knows.

nis350ztt said:
I was told this by the salesman I talked to after I test drove one with that feature. I thought it was bs. How could Ford simply decide to add the MyColor option to V6's and not think about the fact that they could run out of supplies and not have ordered enough. I guess they better put "While supplies last." on their website for that option.

why shouldnt the 6 get it?

Is that going to ruin the car? You don't get to press the button to make the gauge numbers turn different colors? Who freaking cares, the GT has 300hp and this is arguably one of the best looking body style of any mustang.

Oh no I can't make my gauge change colors, I guess I won't buy the car. Seriously, if it matters that much you should buy one equiped with it now or wait 6 months to a year until it's in almost all of the stangs.

Big Freaking Deal.

Rainz said:
Is that going to ruin the car? You don't get to press the button to make the gauge numbers turn different colors? Who freaking cares, the GT has 300hp and this is arguably one of the best looking body style of any mustang.

Oh no I can't make my gauge change colors, I guess I won't buy the car. Seriously, if it matters that much you should buy one equiped with it now or wait 6 months to a year until it's in almost all of the stangs.

Big Freaking Deal.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but that is my point exactly. I ordered a GT with IUP and I care less about the colored gauges, I just don't want this commodity problem putting a hold on my car. If the choice is GT without the gauge now, or with the gauge in 6 months, hands down I'll take mine now. I never foresaw myself using that feature at all, I just don't want Ford to automatically put a hold on my car (I'd like the option to tell them I don't want the feature).

I played with it for a while at the Ford Innovation Drive. It is so cumbersome to use that you would likely just set it once and forget about it. There are no presets either so you can switch between drivers or have a few that you can switch between. It is not all that it is cracked up to be.

I couldn't care less about the color gauge. However, I would want the rest of the IUP (leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum finish, etc...) Not only should Ford give the option to people who have already ordered to have IUP removed, they should give the option of keeping IUP and just removing the color gauge if there's going to be a 6 month wait. Just my $0.02.

05PhillyStang said:
I couldn't care less about the color gauge. However, I would want the rest of the IUP (leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum finish, etc...) Not only should Ford give the option to people who have already ordered to have IUP removed, they should give the option of keeping IUP and just removing the color gauge if there's going to be a 6 month wait. Just my $0.02.

My thoughts exactly - now who do we call??