Ford racing plug wires

TROJN007

Apr 15, 2004
Greenwood IN
I ordered a pair of 9mm wires yesterday from jegs, got them today and went to put them in and the wire going to the coil will only fit loosely. Has anyone had this problem with these or did i just get a wrong part??

Thanks
Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

mine is like that too but its been on for like 3 months with absolutely no probs, and i have dumps which rattle everything. the only problem i have with that set is the fact that they are really long. Next tune up im going with MSD wires, they are supposed to have a really good fit.

Hey, I ordered a set last year from Summit and when I got them they didn't fit real well, they sent me two of one wire, and the coil wire was kinda screwy. I returned them and Summit upgraded them for free to a set of taylor wires. these Taylor wires are really nice and the color is more vibrant and they fit so much nicer.

my black FMS wires fit fine also.. I dont remember them being 94-95 specific, though.

There are two coil wires supplied.. one long, one short. For some reason the short coil wire has the wrong boot/plug to properly fit on our coils.
What you need to do is, cut the boot/conector off the extra (long one) coil wire, and crimp it onto the shorter wire. Sounds complicated, but its very simple.