Ford salesmen or X-plan members

91mini

Dec 6, 2004
Hi I'm new here and have a question to ask. I finally found a dealership that will give me X-Plan pricing on the 05 and I've been jacked around so much that I don't want to get screwed!

My question is, "could anyone tell me what is the X-plan price on the following choices":

Thanks in advance!
Just copy paste and add in X-plan price

05 Mustang GT Deluxe---------------------------------------
Interior Upgrade Package------------------------------------
Wheel Locking Kits------------------------------------------
Aberdeen Embossed Leather-Trimmed Sport Bucket Seats-----
17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels-------------------

If you know the answer to my question please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

well bro, i got mine torch red 5-speed, interior upgrade,wheel locks, leather seats,uprgade to machined finished wheels,side impact airbags,and shaker 1000 stereo, under the a-plan (because I am a tech at crystal ford in silver spring,md since 1994) regular $28,642 for $ 22,735 so the d-plan should'nt be too far off. hope i helped somewhat bro! Your making a good choice I love mine and want to be buried in it! ! ! ! ! !

I don't have my invoice right in front of me but I ordered the same car on the x-plan but added the side airbags and mine came out to $26,5XX. If you want to know the exact numbers go to Ford.com and use the college grad program and it will show all the x-plan pricing. From my experience finding a dealership that will sell at the X-plan price is the hard part. I had to go to five different dealerships. Good Luck!

Wsmatau said:
I don't have my invoice right in front of me but I ordered the same car on the x-plan but added the side airbags and mine came out to $26,5XX. If you want to know the exact numbers go to Ford.com and use the college grad program and it will show all the x-plan pricing. From my experience finding a dealership that will sell at the X-plan price is the hard part. I had to go to five different dealerships. Good Luck!

Grad program huh? I didn't think about that. I finally found two places that would honor the X-plan and that was hard enough. I wonder if they would honor the grad discount on top of that? If I qualify? I graduated in Dec. 04

betke76 said:
well bro, i got mine torch red 5-speed, interior upgrade,wheel locks, leather seats,uprgade to machined finished wheels,side impact airbags,and shaker 1000 stereo, under the a-plan (because I am a tech at crystal ford in silver spring,md since 1994) regular $28,642 for $ 22,735 so the d-plan should'nt be too far off. hope i helped somewhat bro! Your making a good choice I love mine and want to be buried in it! ! ! ! ! !

My Invoice is 28,275 and A&D plan is the is on there as 24996.46 = $3,278.54 discount. Care to explan that $5,907 discount you say you received. Did you have some additional discount? I know of one from retires first A-plan for the year = $1,000 extra. :shrug:

91mini said:
Grad program huh? I didn't think about that. I finally found two places that would honor the X-plan and that was hard enough. I wonder if they would honor the grad discount on top of that? If I qualify? I graduated in Dec. 04

I guess it depends upon where you graduate from, but when I worked my way through the grad program info on Ford.com it told me I was eligible for the x-plan (the x-plan BEING the grad discount). When I went to the first dealership they said "No, the grad program is only a $350 rebate." I had to find a dealership that was reputable and honored the X-plan. I actually had to get on the internet at the Ford dealer, because I didn't have the paperwork with me to prove that what I was saying was true. Eventually I just brought in a letter I received from Ford with my PIN. The only discount I know of that can be used in addition to the X-plan is the Military rebate. They won't even honor the Disaster Relief for people who lost cars in the hurricanes (94 Kenny Brown Cobra named Emily :( ).
All that said, I ordered about 4 weeks ago and still do not have a VIN or delivery date for the car :bang: . I think the sales manager regrets the day I ever set foot in his dealership. I know more about the cars than any of his associates and, thanks to this website, I'm learning about the sales side of the house.

I messed up!

OK 91 Mini, I screwed you all up. I went back and looked at my X-plan invoice and it came to $24,854.00. That is for a PREMIUM GT 5 speed with aluminum wheels (and locks) and side airbags. I'm guessing the deluxe should be about $1500 less. Sorry about the error. :stupid:

Wsmatau said:
I guess it depends upon where you graduate from, but when I worked my way through the grad program info on Ford.com it told me I was eligible for the x-plan (the x-plan BEING the grad discount). When I went to the first dealership they said "No, the grad program is only a $350 rebate."

When I checked out the Ford College Grad website, it showed me only a $400 rebate.

If it does depend on where you graduate from, I wonder which are the colleges or universites for which Ford offers X-plan prices instead of just a $400 rebate. :shrug:

There is a list somewhere on the Ford website. I don't know what their cutoff criteria are but I'm guessing the "Bigger" schools or schools that they invest a lot of money in (I went to Purdue) are the ones that get the x-plan. If you dig in the Ford website I'm sure you can find it. Good Luck.

91mini said:

x-plan is x-plan. college grad rebates do not apply on plan deals. it's the only stipulation from Ford. i used to sell Ford. sorry bud. x-plan is a nice lil discount though.