Fox seat weight vs. SN95 seat weight?

Anybody know what the Fox driver and passenger seats weight and what the SN95 seats weigh. I'd like to know what each weigh, not just the difference in weight, if anybody knows.

IIRC, both Fox seats are the same weight but the SN95 passenger and driver seats are different because of power options.

• Sponsors (?)

I can feel no appreciable difference between the original seats in my vert and the ones in the 96. However, the 03 GT seats that I put in the 93 are significantly heavier.

Anybody know what the Fox driver and passenger seats weight and what the SN95 seats weigh. I'd like to know what each weigh, not just the difference in weight, if anybody knows.

IIRC, both Fox seats are the same weight but the SN95 passenger and driver seats are different because of power options.

bathroom scale maybe? i can take my fox seats out friday and try em out.....

I know that the 99+ seats with their 6way power seat weight at least 50+ pounds. They are rediculously heavy.

yep! the difference is a lot. when i swapped out the fox seats for 03's the driver-seat was much more difficult to move around....probably 15-20 more lbs. or so.

the passenger and rear seats are similar to fox seats, with the passenger one being probably only a little heavier

Are these bolt in swaps or is redrilling/mounting needed? The drivers seat in my 89 Notch is wasted and I see a few 94-96 seats around locally....

yep! the difference is a lot. when i swapped out the fox seats for 03's the driver-seat was much more difficult to move around....probably 15-20 more lbs. or so.

the passenger and rear seats are similar to fox seats, with the passenger one being probably only a little heavier

Are these bolt in swaps or is redrilling/mounting needed? The drivers seat in my 89 Notch is wasted and I see a few 94-96 seats around locally....

All 79-04 Mustangs have the same bolt pattern. THey are a simple bolt in. I noticed my 81 has four studs sticking up so it takes 4 nuts, instead of 2 nuts and 2 bolts. But an 89 will have the normal 2 bolts/2 nuts.

As long as you have the proper hardware, any seat will fit without modification.

GOD BLESS FORD! :p:flag: Nice when a Co Sticks with something for a while ands make the consumers life simpler. I see many more SN seats up for sale than I ever do Fox, that will make fixing that seat much nicer, plus I like the seats in my 95 better than the fox ones.

All 79-04 Mustangs have the same bolt pattern. THey are a simple bolt in. I noticed my 81 has four studs sticking up so it takes 4 nuts, instead of 2 nuts and 2 bolts. But an 89 will have the normal 2 bolts/2 nuts.

As long as you have the proper hardware, any seat will fit without modification.