Friend's cars impounded

Red2000GT

Founding Member
Sep 10, 2000
Regina,Sask.Canada
Just got a call from a good buddy of mine,a group of them were going to the bar in 2 vehicles. One is a 2001 Audi TT and the other is a 2002 BMW 330Ci. They were traveling up Broadway taking the curves towards the university at a fairly high clip and both of them got pulled over for "racing". They were speeding but definately not racing. Anyways the cop was pretty rude,came right up to the car said "license and registration,and you're being charged with racing and your vehicle is being impounded". Both were taken and they got them out this morning. Neither received a ticket but they have a future court date. All three turned off Broadway Ave and the cop turned the other way so I guess through his rear-veiw mirror he could tell they were racing. Definately sucks to be them.

• Sponsors (?)

It kind of sucks that the cops are cracking down on "Street Racing", because even if your not technically "Street Racing", but your driving like an idiot/appear to be street racing, you will get pulled over and your car will be impounded.....they can definitely argue that they werent street racing, but if your friends were speeding and they are in new sports cars, it definitely could appear that they were racing....which leads me to my next point, what the hell is the point of having expensive sports cars, if you can't even take some corners or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think the cops just want to get a handle on "street racing",before some actually gets killed or if someone does get killed then can say they were taking precautions to try and stop street racing...... I went to theirWebsite
and it seems pretty biased about the stereotypical "Ricer", so im sure us domestic guys shouldn't have to worry to much, I dont think they are head hunting for domestics, rather stereotypical ricers...

Sounds like if they both wanted to be brave they could have both out ran the cops. Just kidding though. It always sucks to get hassled when just having a little bit of fun.
Especially when the newer vehicles are "almost dummy proof."