Front Plate Bracket

nmk_61802

May 11, 2005
I am getting ready to replace the front sheet metal on my 92 GT and in the process I am going to add the plate bracket that was missing on the car. I picked up one of the only brackets that I could find at a swap this weekend, and was told it was from an 89, but I neglected to ask if it was a GT or LX. I have decoded the part number, and it indicates that the last revision was in 86 for this particular part which to me would mean it was from a LX as both the 86 and earlier GT shared the same bracket with the later LX's.

So long story short, I held it up and it appears that material was removed from the LX bracket to make the GT brackets, but I need a couple of pictures from the side (profile) and of the under side mounting to confirm this as all I can find online are front pictures. Could anyone help me? I really don't won't to be searching parking lots and looking under the fronts of peoples cars to find this out.

P.S. I really don't want to get into the whole no front plate debate, IL requires them and the factory provided a perfectly good mount for them, to me it's as simple as that.

• Sponsors (?)