Front Suspension Upgrade Help

Pbum5

Oct 27, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and have been out of the Mustang loop for sometime. I need to replace the front suspension on my 67 fastback. I see there are many choices for upgrading my suspension. I want something that is better than stock. I’m not looking for an all out race suspension, but if that full coil-over system from TCP is that much better than everything else I might consider it. I’m just looking for opinions from people that have replaced their suspensions with parts from Global West, Total Control Products, Maier Racing or Grab-A-Trak.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't replaced mine yet but I have the Global West u.c.a.'s and they are extremely well made. The also provide a template for drilling the mounting holes lower to improve the suspension geometry. I think any of the kits you mentioned would be a big improvement but the cost is astronomical!

Tons of information in the search section. I was hoping to find reviews of the latest / greatest suspension componants but really couldn't find any. I'd really like to find someone who installed a coil over kit and hear what they had to say.

I installed the Global West UCArms and am extremely happy.....the handling is terrific using a 1" sway in front, lowered the rear 1", using standard rate springs both front and rear. I think many folks go with too stiff a set-up and the car skips around. I am using Konis in front and a reverse-valved shock in the rear... I think the name was Cure-Ride. ....and don't forget the sub-frame connectors to keep the front working with the rear.