Front tubular suspension help

Owned

Aug 29, 2004
I wanna finish up my front suspension, i wanna go coil over. What do i need. Right now im just sitting on a QA1 Tubular K member, I know i need the tubular A arms, But as far as struts and springs whats a good deal on a decent budget?>

• Sponsors (?)

If you've got the K-member, make sure it came with bolts for the P/s rack.

Other than that, get the A-arms. You can use stock struts, you just have to take the "cup" off 'em(I just drilled the spot welds off). You can buy a coil-over kit from anyone(UPR, etc), just make sure it comes with springs and the the threaded sleave that goes over the strut(should also come with a spanner wrench and two nuts for the sleave). Remember when choosing a spring rate that the softer you go, the better it is for drag racing. I run 200# springs on my DOHC motor, but for your GT (if you're drag racing) you could go to a 150# or a 175# w/ no problems.

Remember that QA-1 sells struts that already have a threaded sleave so you may want to look into those, you'll just have to get a spring.

Currently I have QA-1 springs with a UPR coil over kit.

DTMach1 said:
If you've got the K-member, make sure it came with bolts for the P/s rack.

Other than that, get the A-arms. You can use stock struts, you just have to take the "cup" off 'em(I just drilled the spot welds off). You can buy a coil-over kit from anyone(UPR, etc), just make sure it comes with springs and the the threaded sleave that goes over the strut(should also come with a spanner wrench and two nuts for the sleave). Remember when choosing a spring rate that the softer you go, the better it is for drag racing. I run 200# springs on my DOHC motor, but for your GT (if you're drag racing) you could go to a 150# or a 175# w/ no problems.

Remember that QA-1 sells struts that already have a threaded sleave so you may want to look into those, you'll just have to get a spring.

Currently I have QA-1 springs with a UPR coil over kit.

quick question.. does your upr coilovers fit tight on your stock strut? (assuming your using it)?