Fuel and Coolant Temp Gauge

Don Fiveolio

Apr 23, 2005
Houston, TX
So here here's the story,

I have searched the forums far and wide. But, I cannot seem to find any other thread that has someone who has experienced the same issue that I havewith my gauges. When the car is on, these gauges do not work at all. They stay down the whole time. Once I get to my destination and shut off the car, the temp gauge slowly moves up to the appropriate engine temp. The fuel gauge moves ever so slightly, but does not make it to his mark.

What's causing this??? :shrug:

Is it the returns? Are there gorunds for these and if so, where are they? :bang:

Steel GT

• Sponsors (?)

Update

Nobody here knows me personally, but I'm the "I gotta have it done not now, but Right Now" type of person. So I went straight to Autozone to get a cooant return. I replaced it in the Stang and the gauge works. :cheers:

Now I just have to deal with the fuel, but I need to find the location of the return on the tank. I also want to change the fuel filter, but I don't where the pressure release is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steel GT

Last time I changed the fuel filter, I unplugged the "inertia switch" in the trunk, then started the car and waited for it to stop on its own. This is supposed to relieve the pressure. There was still a lot of fuel that came pouring out, so be careful.

Sean

G.I.Slow had it right... thats the official way to relieve pressure.. but it doesnt get all of it out, as stated above. ull have to drop the tank to get to the sender wires, they're on top smack dab in the middle of the tank... have fun, but be sure to run ur tank close to empty before dropping it, otherwise ull have a hard time with all the gasoline inside.

bye the way... i just replaced the sender and fuel pump in my car, and for some reason my gas guage only shows the amount of fuel that should be in the car sometimes, other times its a little below where it should be.
my dads under the impression that when i turn the key on, my gas guage should go right up to where the gas level is, but it doesnt move until i start the engine and it takes a long time to reach its spot....

sorry to hijack the thread man, but ur problem sounded similar to mine...

BlahBlahson said:
bye the way... i just replaced the sender and fuel pump in my car, and for some reason my gas guage only shows the amount of fuel that should be in the car sometimes, other times its a little below where it should be.
my dads under the impression that when i turn the key on, my gas guage should go right up to where the gas level is, but it doesnt move until i start the engine and it takes a long time to reach its spot....

sorry to hijack the thread man, but ur problem sounded similar to mine...
Not entirely uncommon on the early aero foxes. Mine takes ~30 seconds to a minute to get with it.

The gauge on the 94 whips right into its inaccurate position. :D