Fuel filter relocation?

• Sponsors (?)

Stock 83 valve covers, both painted but only one has had the paint removed from the ribs.
DSCF1332.JPG

Yes, VS the spring locks
The lines bolt to the compressor and the evaporator
The older bolt together stuff never ever leaked as much at the high side condenser connectors or the high side evap connector
Even with just one o ring, the bolt together design smashes the o ring and they do not leak for 10 years

They went back to that sorta in 1999. (Speaking about the Mustang only)

I just did service on my ‘00 and had to replace a AC component. There are some spring locks, but a few of the connections are the bolt-type. Man those are so easy to make/break.

Way too scare someone off guys!!!! All he asked about was a friggen fuel filter :(
I thought someone did a pretty fair job of engine/efi swap AND make it look like it belongs there.
All he prolly has to do is iron out the kinks. :nice:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would almost bet money it was added to the original valve cover or they are aftermarket. I want to say all the injected valve covers were flat on top.

It couldn't have been added to an original valve cover.... it won't fit. They must be aftermarket valve covers, because the valve covers used on the carb'ed Stangs will not work on EFI cars.

I see a "G" here
1715261419986.png

Probably some variation of an EFI valve cover. That oil cap screams 1990's Motorcraft to me.

1715261507970.png

Even the oil cap matches here. Can't be sure if the font matches however. Just need a better pic. Either way I don't think they are the original carb covers.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users