G-A-S-O-L-I-N-E :(

I thought about it, but when I started looking at gas millage of other cars Im getting 25 mpg in my car and I drive about 65 miles each way 5 days a week. I fig. at 2.75 a gallen, a year Id spend about $3718 a year at 25 mpg, at 35 mpg Id spend about $2652, so a dif. of $1066. So If I spent $1000 on a car then Itd come out about even, but then agian ill have maintence, insurance, etc on the beater car...so for me I would much rather drive the stang :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I do not think about selling it. But I do think about driving it less and driving my 1998 Honda Civic more. But every morning in the garage I just cannot bring myself to get in the Civic and drive it to work...

+1

Seriously, all the fussing over gas is rediculous. Sure, it hurts everyone when they fill up atleast a little. I know a tank of gas in my car is good for a 5 day work week, approx 50miles roundtrip to work. Usually filling up, I put in 11 to 12 gallons. In the event that gas jumped from $2 to $3 gallon just like that, its a whopping $10 a week extra in gas.

Depending how you drive there car, most are probably spending (based on a $2 to $3/gall increase) between $5 to $15/wk more. If that small amount is such a hardship to you, you are simply driving the wrong car. There are so many ways to make up for that, theres no excuse. If I just pack my lunch 2 more times a week instead of running out on lunch break, I have that covered...and thats at $3 gallon.

just to make you guys feel better, fuel in the UK is around 90p a litre!

using the following:

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres

340.687062 (£3.40) is how much a gallon costs over here (in pounds sterling)

and using todays currency rate of 2 dollars to the pound a gallon of fuel over here in dollars would cost

681.374124 ($6.81)

and i drive a mustang as well! so trust me you guys get it good!

Si

P.S our fuel is higher octane tho!
]

How much higher?

I feel the pain of you college folks, some of you don't understang i think what its like. deciding between food or gas for the stang, but i would never get rid of mine. And i drive 600 miles a week between school and work.

but a questoin for you guys. Would i good tune really improve gas mileage on a stang with only basic mods ?

I feel the pain of you college folks, some of you don't understang i think what its like. deciding between food or gas for the stang, but i would never get rid of mine. And i drive 600 miles a week between school and work.

but a questoin for you guys. Would i good tune really improve gas mileage on a stang with only basic mods ?
If you ask the tuner to tune the car for enhanced mileage instead of enhanced performance then yes it will most likely help.

Also, having the car in perfect running condition is helpful.

I understand exactly what you are going through. I graduated a couple years ago so I know about not having much $$, but that is what makes it even dumber to have a somewhat expensive car in college and even more so to have an expensive car you are paying payments, insurance, and get crappy mileage.

I had a paid off Honda Civic and then Nissan Sentra while in school. Waited till I graduated and had the cash to buy my two cars I have now.

Hey guys, I was in the same boat two summers ago. I had a mustang gt and loved it, but gas prices got up over 3.00 and i traded it in for a Mazda 3. I figured out that i would save almost 40 a month with driving the Mazda. After about 3 months with the Mazda I got the itch to get another mustang. Now gas is going up again and what am I going to do? BUY ANOTHER STANG. It is worth 40 more a month in gas to have a mustang imo. Im telling you if you sell, you will regret it. Ever since I sold it I have been thinking about getting it back. As soon as this semester is over i am going to be looking for a gt or Mach 1:D . Another 50-60 miles per tank for a civic or mazda 3 is not that big of a deal. When i get my next it will be the 3rd one ive had, so I really love them. Just dont let the gas scare you. It got me and I regretted it ever since. :bang:

quite the opposite for me. We drive about 75 miles round trip when we ride together. Once gas goes over 2.60 or so, we start driving the car more. The Yukon gets about 20-21 when commuting, the Stang gets 25-27 (depending on how much I drive it :D)

I would rather put 35 bux in the Stang then 60 in the Yukon :shrug:

Yup, I fill up between 1/4 and E and I usually have 300+/-

Same...
and I have to use Premium too. I love every minute I drive the car so I wouldn't sell it no matter what prices get to. And I drive it how I want...not to save gas. Plus now that the weather is awesome, I'm taking more back roads instead of the boring highway....My drive is 60miles total a day for work...

When the car is paid off...i'm buying an additional car just to give my mustang a rest. It probably won't have good mpg either :)