G Force G101a Trans

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
My fathernlaw replaces his straight cut, dog ringed T5 with a G Force G101A, the "clutch assisted" model.

This trans is a 4 spd stick that is 1000hp capable. Obviously you use the clutch to engage and disengaged, and to launch from 1st, after that you leave the pedal on the floor and jerk gears.

His 720hp clevor is fixing to get dropped in, but we took it out last night to test-n-tune with the gt40p 302 engine. The best this car has run was a 6.84. 1st pass last night was a 6.97 (1.53 60ft) then a 6.90 (1.50 60ft) with my brother n law driving.

Then came my turn! This trans is awesome! Went a 1.48 60ft and used the clutch for the 1-2 shift out of habit (brother n law did too, lol). Then I slammed it to 3rd with a little hesistency and it was like it sucked it right into gear, then 3-4 went the same, no clutch, no lifting!

After the 3-4 shift I apparently drifted out of the groove and the car started wagging the back end. I let out and coasted through with a 7.03 at 88mph (car was trapping 99.7 on previous runs to tell you how much I let out). I really wanted to run a 6.8x, but maybe another day.

Brother n laws first run.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsK1KJPTcY

Joe

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Agree'd... so when does yours get one?
Did you ever drive the face plated trans around town? Wondering how bad it really is.

Man I wish! Told my wife I wanted one for Christmas, she said never. He never drove his car on the street, well, not at least in the last 10 years. Supposedly the g101a is not designed for street duty, but I am sure if you needed to meet the requirements of something like a true street event, you could easily do the 30 mile cruise once in a while.

I am envisioning a 500"+ big block, 800-1000hp and this trans! Man what a fun car that would be.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user