Gas AND Oil in Upper intake?

Luvmy88

Oct 27, 2003
I have recently put my stang back together, and have been having idling problems. I removed the upper intake to check the injectors, and I noticed a large amount of oil/gas mixture towards the rear of the intake. What does this mean? Both in the upper and lower intake, looks liek only the last 2 or 3 runners.

Most everything on the top of my motor is new. Found this oil/gas with only 178 miles on this new engine. PCV valve is new as well.

Help, what she I be looking for when trying to track this down, and prevent the leaking.

• Sponsors (?)

do you have the piece of metal on the underside of the lower intake installed under the pcv valve. if not that will allow oil to be pulled up into the intake. dont know what to tell you about gas though. maybe its running way to rich

if its a gt40/cobra style manifold, they do that. it is caused by the pcv sucking oil up into the manifold. Pretty normal for all people with cobra/gt40 intakes, and an ongoing process to find an efficient way of fixing the problem. Same thing happened to my motor after only running for 1 day, and pulled the upper off agian and had your same problem. bad pcv design imo.