Gas Prices Suck

• Sponsors (?)

fiveohwblow said:
:nonono: :nonono::nono:

As if the "Bush" family are the only ones invested in oil....start calling out all who have shares, then all the families involved, all the refineries.....then it might sound intelligent. Liberal...:nonono: Since when have we turned to praising someone for seeing an opportunity and profiting in this FREE market economy. No one makes me turn the key to my vehicle, I chose a v8, and I choose to drive it.
So when you're at the pump paying over $30 tank or whatever amount... You're telling me you don't bit-ch and complain, or atleast drop your jaw at another $.10 increase per day? I highly doubt that! But if you honestly don't complain or care about what price gas is at now. Just wait till summer when it hits the $3.00-$4.00 range. Republicans:nonono:

Mustangless said:
I think that is a major problem right there. All these people driving these gas guzzling suvs and trucks are not helping bring prices down.

What an odd place to make that comment, on a board where most of us drive gas guzzling v8 mustangs :rolleyes: Do not blame the SUVs and trucks for gas prices being high. Gas prices are high because they can be and gas companies know the consumer can do nothing about it.

Higher gas prices do not just affect our cars, everything we purchase that has touched a delivery truck is affected.

well it wont get any better as time goes by. we have a real problem, we are entirely too dependant on oil regardless of where it comes from, where it comes from is just an added problem.

there's been alot of diff people in the white house over the last 30 years. all of them have ties to the oil industry in some way and if they don't going into office they do leaving. 30 years ago we had an energy crisis and gas rationing and we have come no further........i think this is for a couple reasons, one being, oil isn't just fuel, it's political too, and i think it almost acts as an excuse, to have all these issues we have had for so long with the middle east and oil.

i remeber going to iraq was supposed to help oil prices some, seems we don't hear much about all the oil over there as much now. maybe thats becayse they had that huge oil for food scandal where billions got stolen by many people........investigation still on going i think.......lol....

also if theres ever an oil shortage or scare again, even temporarily, guess who gets all the petro?? not us, it will be the federal and local goverments, why? because everything from police cars, fire trucks, tanks, air planes, all run on some kind of oil based fuel. they'll have to preserve it all they can if an emergency were to happen...

we better start finding another way to power our stuff. or start demanding they use the things they already have. some say it exists, others say it's a ways off, i think their just milking the oil thing for all it's worth. the only way then to make a huge dent in the oil industry we would have to change the way we live. less traveling, vacations, etc.......but society ain't gonna go for that, and even if it did then that would effect the economy.....i think we're screwed......lol..

66mustang93 said:
:rolleyes: You need to stop watching CNN dude.

Just as most people on a bush powertrip need to stop watching Fox...

all aside from gas prices, i think bush is an a-hole.... a complete moron...

back to gas prices, i would also like to know which companies buy oil from exxonmobile. me honestly, im from the jersey shore and i only buy gas at wawa :rolleyes: they have the best prices. i do agreee tho, bush is not to blame soly for gas prices, he's just to blame for everythign else :rlaugh:

1986Stang said:
Just as most people on a bush powertrip need to stop watching Fox...

all aside from gas prices, i think bush is an a-hole.... a complete moron...

back to gas prices, i would also like to know which companies buy oil from exxonmobile. me honestly, im from the jersey shore and i only buy gas at wawa :rolleyes: they have the best prices. i do agreee tho, bush is not to blame soly for gas prices, he's just to blame for everythign else :rlaugh:

You model the leaders of your party... Always there to criticize and blame, but never have anything of value to add.

all i have to say is you americans have it EASY

go north of the border or over seas and you'll see high gas prices. when i was down there i felt like filling up some drums with gas cause it was alot cheaper

We were talking about this in history today and one thing he pointed out that I had never really thought of was China... Think about it for years they were those little guys on bicyles and walking to and from work...well not anymore! The country has a gigantic population and they are becoming nearly as dependant on oil as we are! Also these damn tree huggers need to stop whining and let us get the oil out of Alaska!

Daggar said:
$400 Billion profit this year and yet we're expected to believe that the gas companies are not responsible for the price hikes.... yep... I'm swallowing that one. Got this email today. Certainly couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE THE GAS STATION OWNERS PAY TO GET THE GAS FROM THE GAS COMPANY!!! Don't promote that your killing the small business owners :nono:

Bad Daggar!!! It never even gets to the big guys :nonono:

HoodStrype said:
THAT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE THE GAS STATION OWNERS PAY TO GET THE GAS FROM THE GAS COMPANY!!! Don't promote that your killing the small business owners :nono:

Bad Daggar!!! It never even gets to the big guys :nonono:

^ I agree it wont work...but the gas stations wouldnt need to get as much gas as often if they werent using the gas they had... but there are several other previously stated reason that show why it wont work :nice:

This weekend I'll be swapping in a 88mph flux capacitor. Gas has become way too expensive for me. Besides I know a guy, who knows guy who dated this girl, whose has an uncle across the border, who has the hookup with 1.21 gigawatts of electricity. Or I could always jerry rig some kind of a plutonium powered nuclear reactor. :rlaugh:

wazazzle said:
This weekend I'll be swapping in a 88mph flux capacitor. Gas has become way too expensive for me. Besides I know a guy, who knows guy who dated this girl, whose has an uncle across the border, who has the hookup with 1.21 gigawatts of electricity. Or I could always jerry rig some kind of a plutonium powered nuclear reactor. :rlaugh:

Erm,some serious gear reduction and slap the bicycle pedals in there?

88_GT_5_oh said:
all i have to say is you americans have it EASY

go north of the border or over seas and you'll see high gas prices. when i was down there i felt like filling up some drums with gas cause it was alot cheaper

Exactly...you guys better get used to it. I live about ten minutes from the border to the states and we are paying 3.67 US per gallon!

Lyncher said:
Also these damn tree huggers need to stop whining and let us get the oil out of Alaska!

That likely won't help. There is NO OIL SHORTAGE! There is actually a surplus on the market. Freeing up oil in Alaska won't lower prices unless you can force them to sell it here in the US. Otherwise it will go to the world market where it garners $77+ a barrel. Can't beat capitalism.