Roush gear? for 99-03 saleen owners

saleen556

Dec 2, 2003
Hillsboro,OR
How did you correct your speedo calibration for the gear swap?I just had 3.73 installed in my 02 by FORD and they totally F***ed up my ecm.Then they wanted me to pay to have saleen reflash it.They said they would get it fixed and gave me a car to drive after i introduced them to my lawyer.Right now i am not to happy with the service.

• Sponsors (?)

:bang: Welcome to the world of crappy Saleen service. Not all but most that I have heard about or encountered have sucked big time. My rule of thumb from now on, if its not a saleen blower issue or body panel, get it done at a real performance shop.

I used to have everything done at the dealer cause i figured a nice detailed acoount of the service and mods would look good for resale, especially if it was done by an authorized dealer. In the end this process has done nothing but devalued my car.

I would like to send a big F U to Team Ford of marietta, and their A**hole service manager, Mr. Guzman.

I had a chip burned when I had the 3.55's installed in my 99. I ended up getting a
new PCM because the original was fried - bad ground... IIRC, the shop got a new
PCM from a Ford Dealer and had them recode it to work with my keys.

I should try removing the chip one of these days to see if the car will run without it.
That would tell me if they PCM is flashed for 30 lb injectors or not.

Saleen is staffed with great people. Unfortunatley, they are all overworked. As long as you are courteous and polite you can get just about anything you need from Bob in parts, or Carlos in warranty. Liz has ALWAYS returned every e-mail and phone message I have ever left.
From what I understand things are really picking up over there. I am excited to hear they have that operaton in Detroit all set up and underway also.
You can't say that for my local POWER FORD dealer and I know the service manager well.