General Exhaust ?'s

94comp

May 23, 2006
Macomb, Michigan
94 AOD want to install exhaust... headers, X-pipe, ect.. any suggestions or things to look out for I was thinking BBK or Ford Racin Headers,, to a BBK OR Xpipe to an undecided muffler/pipe system. I've never done this before,, so I'm just looking for tip/pointers or things to watch out for. I know I have to use shortys since its an Auto but what about equal length or unequal length??? Any suggestions would help.... Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I got Unequal Length Shorty Headers (BBK), An Off-road H-pipe (JEGS). and the american thunder cat-back system, I abosoulty love the sound of it all, nice and loud and deep. I get comments on it all the time, and hell even a guy in a z28 pulled up next to me at a light and said sounds good. So thats my suggestion, Also, exhuast is fairly easy... just have a buddy and an impact and take your time and its a breeze.

If its your first time, do yourself a favor and stick with unequal lengths. The equal lengths are supposed to give you maybe, maybe 2 more hp over the unequals, BUT they are much harder to put on. The equals also tend to burn up plug wires alot, especially at the #3 and #4 cylinders, due to the way they twist around. And on top of that, equal lengths make plug changing a bit more of a PITA. I am getting rid of my Mac equal lengths in the spring time in favor of FMS ceramic shorties or BBK ceramic unequal length shorties (depending how funds go). I DO recommend that you get a set that have a single flange, as the individual flanged headers (Mac :nonono: ) tend to warp over time, and if you take them off they are a major PITA to re-install because everything gets out of alignment. I like the FMS ones because they are made of stainless steel and will look good for a long time. BBK on the other hand are good for the price, but do rust eventually.