Get out of jail free card

rrobello

Sep 28, 2004
First off has anyone else noticed that the attention that this car gets on the road can be both a blessing and curse? Its great that people notice the car and acknowledge it, but do you think they could do so without creating traffic jams. People seem to slow down and bunch up to look at the car, like they do when there is a car accident. I hate that too. This happened to me today when I was on my way to meet my girlfriend for lunch on her break. I was heading south on I-5 and they started to bunch up (this makes me apprehensive for I fear one of these morons will mess up and crash into me), anyway so I was bricked in driving down the freeway and finally managed to wiggle out of the pack with open freeway ahead of me so I gunned it. As I reached 100 mph (normally dont speed like that but I had open road and wanted to keep it that way) I flew by a motorcycle cop on the side of the freeway sitting under an overpass. He started up behind me and I slowed, he caught up on my drivers side at about 80 mph. I looked over knowing I was caught and shook my head in shame, he then proceeded to give me a thumbs up, I smiled and mouthed "thanks" as I shook my head and waved. He then motioned with his hands to slow down, I again smiled and gave him the ok with my fingers. I was fortunate here and very thankful, I take back all of the bad things I've said about cops (well almost all of them), and would like to thank that officer in case he happens to lurk on this site since he apparently is a fan of the new stang. Ill be slowing down in the future.

• Sponsors (?)

Early Christmas present. :D

I had one police officer "pull me over", which is to say he tailed me for 5 minutes until he could pull up next to me at a red light. All he wanted to do was say "nice car". :nice:

"How fast that thing go?", he says.

"How would I know?", I offered sheepishly. :D

He laughed. Cool cop.

Hang in there it will get better.......... you will see the day when no one notices your car anymore or cares. There will eventually be hundreds of thousands of them.

LOL.....When you get pulled over and not only do you not get a ticket the cop asks you if you can do a burn out for him when you leave.....

that happened to me in my Shelby......

and yes I did it........that was a fun night.....

after i let off...he gunned it past me and gave me a littl bleep from his siren...

once i got a ticket and as the cop was leaving, he told me nice car and i should wax it 2x a year. and the other cop agreed.

i was like "thanks" but I was thinking "how do i buy cleaning supplies and wax if you ticket me :("