Gettin Bored :( need some help

adelg88

Sep 5, 2006
well i have a 99 GT and lately i have been getting really bored with it...

it all started when began getting beat by my friends SRT4, not to mention its automatic..

what im lookin for is some ideas for some quick cheap HP (i am a college student)
or just a cool mod to do with an almost stock GT

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

big improvment????

link to a site... would u say 373s?
very big improvement.

Gear ratio is up to you. There are 1,487,248 threads about "4.10s or 3.73s?" on Stangnet. All I will say about it is......

If you drive mostly around town and not too much on the highway, get 4.10s.

If you do a lot of highway or 5th gear driving, 3.73s.

4.10s will be more fun, if thats what you're looking for. They can be found on almost any aftermarket parts supplier's web-site or Ebay. Last I checked GEF had the cheapest price for 4.10s

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...&Product_Code=M4209G410M&Category_Code=46REAR

my car has just under 70,000 miles on it... so id be lookin at spending like $500?
depending on what kind of deal you can get on install. Shop around and get some different quotes.

It may not sound too cheap, but compared to the other performance mods out there, its probably the best bang for you buck, seat of the pants mod you can do. The car will feel like it has a more torque and a lot lighter.

Oh, one last thing. You will need a handheld tuner or a Speedcal to recalibrate your speedometer.

Just save up for a while, it will be worth it.