Getting an 01' tomorow!

CobraXtreme

Jun 4, 2004
Im going tomorow to pick up a black 2001 svt cobra mustang.

I have a few questions...

1) I am getting this car 1, because it is a musclecar (american), 2, it is only 20k used with 14k miles, 3, lots of horsepower! :)

The biggest factor is because i INTEND on upgrading this car. I would like to know if somewhere down the line i can slap on a big supercharger and make this thing even more of a beast, if so where could i do it, how much would it cost, and what would be the horsepower increase!

Also, I am looking for upgrading the exhaust, intake, and almost anything else i can, where can i find these preformance upgrade parts? Thanks! :flag:

edit - Oh, i see i can order a ton off this site, can you tell me what is the BEST muffler system i can possibly get? thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

CobraXtreme said:
Im going tomorow to pick up a black 2001 svt cobra mustang.

I have a few questions...

1) I am getting this car 1, because it is a musclecar (american), 2, it is only 20k used with 14k miles, 3, lots of horsepower! :)

The biggest factor is because i INTEND on upgrading this car. I would like to know if somewhere down the line i can slap on a big supercharger and make this thing even more of a beast, if so where could i do it, how much would it cost, and what would be the horsepower increase!

Also, I am looking for upgrading the exhaust, intake, and almost anything else i can, where can i find these preformance upgrade parts? Thanks! :flag:

edit - Oh, i see i can order a ton off this site, can you tell me what is the BEST muffler system i can possibly get? thanks!

First, read the archives on this sight and corral. You will learn tons of very valuable information. You will also be able to make your own well informed decisions on which mods are best for you.

Happy modding!

Todd

Congratulations on your purchase!! You will love the car!! The first time I drove it and revved it ti 6800 RPM's in second gear I was all smiles!! I drove 5.0's for years and this is a completely different animal . It responds very well to mods and is easy to mod also . My first mod was an Eibach Pro-kit . They tend to sit a little too high from the factory for my tastes . I then added a K&N , removed the air snorkel at added a nice cat-back exhaust . These were excellent first mods and really made me love the car even more . I have added a few things since as you can see in my sig and have many more planned .

Enjoy your new car!!

:nice: :flag:

Thanks for your imput guys!

I see all of this 5.0L things, yet an 01 Cobra is only 4.6L right?

I thought the cobra was the fastest?

Also, what is the difference between an H PIPE and an X PIPE, thanks!

Also, what is the usual amount of HP boost when you upgrade an exhaust?

yes , your Cobra is a 4.6 liter...but not "only a 4.6 liter" .

Its all aluminum block , hanbuilt and blueprinted by ford . Dual overhead cams , 4v per cylinder and 320 HP off the showroom floor!! . Thats a far cry from the factory 5.0's which were rated at 225HP (depending on year and tranny) . Also a stock 2004 GT is rated at 260 HP and is a forged block with 2V per cylinder and single overhead cams .

Go here for more info on the cobra......CLICK

:nice: :flag:

sorry , that was a bad link above , try this......click

You will LOVE this car! Congratulations on your acquisition. From my tag, you can tell I used to own a 5.0 LX. Totally different beast. The Cobra is just a much superior all around car.

If you plan to supercharge, be careful and do a search on this forum. As the pistons are hyperuetic, the tune has to be right on or you end up melting them. Much better to run a forged set up when supercharging but you'll find these are NOT cheap motors.

Lots of possibilities - don't you love it?? Enjoy, my friend!!

YES! WE CLOSED THE DEAL TODAY! I PICK UP MY 01 COBRA MONDAY!!!!!!!

My gosh, i cant wait!

The first thing i am going to do is order an intake, which one do you think personally works best? thanks!

Spent 6994.00 on my ati procharger install with a few other parts as well as the 795.00 dyno runs. If you go with a charger pray your rods/pistons will hold up as mine didn't :( Worked on by Panhandle Performance out of Lynn Haven, Florida

I wish you were local and/or I caught this thread earlier since I am thinking of selling mine (Black 01, 11k, no rain or snow and with mods or without)

Can I ask if you got it from a dealer or was it a private sale? How did you stumble upon it? I'm trying to find the best way to advertise mine.

Anyhow.. You will love the car it's an incredible experience when you nail the throttle in a 4V! Remember 1 word... GEARS!

Good luck with it..

Shawn