Getting my Car Just a Little Bit Lower....

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
So right now i have Eibach Sportlines and i like the way it sits, But the fron end just needs to be a liitle bit lower. as of right now i have all the isolators in on all 4 corners.

So since i am going to install my 03' Cobra Control Arms and Bump Steer Kit (which has been sitting for over a YEAR) i thought i might remove some Isolators to give it a little lower stance.

...so i have a few Questions...

Which isolators should i remove..The Tops or Bottoms?

..and how much lower would be it....Pics would help..Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i have a friend with a car identical to your with sport lines ,and he clamped to coils to sit the frotn a bit lower....looks SICK

i dont want to mess with the coil because it will just **** the handling up....or something bad could happen...i just wanna remove an iso....i just dont know if i should do the top or bottom....:shrug:

Remove both, or the top (it's thicker). Get some thin yet durable rubber sheet at the hardware store or wherever and use that to atleast separate the springs/perches so you don't get any squeeks (what I did with my pro-kit springs).

i removed both and didnt put anything in its place. it will drop it about a half inch. if you do take yours out you should send them to me so i can lift my car back up. i cant go over speed bumps with mt subframes and IC!

I finally got my lazy butt in motion this past week and removed my spring isolators from the front set of Bullitt springs. Once I had the first spring out, I decided to remove both to give maximum drop as there the thickness wasn't really as big as I remembered. Both out dropped the front by 1/4" for me. That was it - hardly worth it for the time and effort. Probably should have thrown some H&Rs while I was in there. I used up some hockey stick tape that I had in the garage on the top and bottom of the springs so that there was not metal-metal contact and no noise so far.

well if i take both the fronts out, then wont the front be WAY too Low?

here is how it sits now...

IMG_0321.JPG

Most of the thickness is in the upper isolator. The bottom one that winds around the end hardly has any thickness at all to it. Sorry, were you asking to see pics of the isolators themselves? Yes, your car is pretty low and has an excellent stance as it is, but if you want just a little more, again most of the 1/4" that I got was out of the upper one.

I have removed all of my isolators and made new ones out of 1/8 inch rubber sheets...you can see it here...and this is the stance it gave me with H&R supersports. (it has settled slightly since this picture). Anyways...enjoy...

Upper Fronts:

Cobra033.jpg

Lower Fronts:

Cobra027.jpg

Lower Rears:

Cobra024.jpg

Afterwards:

Cobra049-1.jpg

Attachments

• Cobra033.jpg
    Cobra033.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Cobra027.jpg
    Cobra027.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Cobra024.jpg
    Cobra024.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Cobra049-1.jpg
    Cobra049-1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 55
refresh my memory here. I wil be working on my suspension this weekend. However, I moved and no longer have air tools. Can I remove the spindle and strut nut without an impact gun? I remember they spin sometimes??Otherwise I will go to walmart and buy an air tank and impact.

refresh my memory here. I wil be working on my suspension this weekend. However, I moved and no longer have air tools. Can I remove the spindle and strut nut without an impact gun? I remember they spin sometimes??Otherwise I will go to walmart and buy an air tank and impact.
You do not have to seperate the spindle and strut to remove the front springs if that is what you are doing.:shrug:

SRT Handz,you want to lower it even more :eek: .I like the stance your stang has,mine with the Sportlines sit low up front,and more then i would like.I even added the Maximum Motorsports spring iscolators to give more lift as they are not soft like the stockers,and are suppost to give an extra 1/4 inch in height :bang: .
My cats,and factory G load brace on the K member have taken some good bumps,and scrapes,and that is driving with caution.
Here is a pic of mine how she sits up front right now with the Eibach Sportlines .
545080_45_full.jpg

Attachments

• 545080_45_full.jpg
    545080_45_full.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 58