going turbo carbed or efi?

• Sponsors (?)

i really dont have the budget for efi it seems really expensive i just finished building a 351 windsor but now i cant use the intake manifold of my 302 wich is a tfs track heat mani. and manis for 351s are just as expensive as 302's plus i need a bigger fuel pump braided lines bigger throttle body injectors and mass air sensor and the tuning? i dont even know how to work a laptop and im bad with electronics let alone have the money for it or for someone to tune it for mei have the turbo kit ready and everything even the block is ready to go iv just been debating on the carb setup and nitrous is out of the question im bored and tired of that

best advice ive gotten thanx! thats exactly what im gonna do

theturboforums.com. thats all you need to know. they have a blowthru section on there too

EFI works but its not for everyone, there are pros/cons for each one, and there are lots of guys that have switched from one to the other, i think a carb definitly simplifies things, and if i did things over i probly would have used one on my car, but i have alot invested in my EFI stuff and im not going back at this point.

Alot of guys preach they dont switch to a carb cause they think that it will run like crap, but have an EFI car with a surging idle(guilty of that myself), but if you do it right the carb will work, and its the same with EFI, but i havent had the time to get the car to a tuner that knows what he is doing

theturboforums.com. thats all you need to know. they have a blowthru section on there too

EFI works but its not for everyone, there are pros/cons for each one, and there are lots of guys that have switched from one to the other, i think a carb definitly simplifies things, and if i did things over i probly would have used one on my car, but i have alot invested in my EFI stuff and im not going back at this point.

Alot of guys preach they dont switch to a carb cause they think that it will run like crap, but have an EFI car with a surging idle(guilty of that myself), but if you do it right the carb will work, and its the same with EFI, but i havent had the time to get the car to a tuner that knows what he is doing

The surging idle fix is much cheaper and easier that you think....

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. Everything you need to find and fix idle problems is in there.

The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.

i really dont have the budget for efi it seems really expensive i need a bigger fuel pump braided lines bigger throttle body injectors and mass air sensor and the tuning? i dont even know how to work a laptop and im bad with electronics let alone have the money for it or for someone to tune it for mei have the turbo kit ready and everything even the block is ready to go iv just been debating on the carb setup and nitrous is out of the question im bored and tired of that

Sounds like you answered your question go carb. I like the EFI much more and love the fact that I don't have to get dirty and the challenge to tune on the car good old lap top. BUT to each his own both work have fun with it. like said check out the turbo forums blow-though section

If you can't afford to go efi, you can't afford to do turbos.

turbos are pretty dam affordable if you know what to look for and source parts and know how too fabricate. in the long run its cheaper than superchargers and nitrous. theres been guys doing 10's off of junkyard parts and turbos for less than 2000 bucks. and just cuz you wanna go turbo or boost doesnt mean you HAVE to go efi. how do you think the first turbo regals worked? how about early turbo cars? and efi is twice as expensive as carb so get your facts before you start making retarded comments like that

turbos are pretty dam affordable if you know what to look for and source parts and know how too fabricate. in the long run its cheaper than superchargers and nitrous. theres been guys doing 10's off of junkyard parts and turbos for less than 2000 bucks. and just cuz you wanna go turbo or boost doesnt mean you HAVE to go efi. how do you think the first turbo regals worked? how about early turbo cars? and efi is twice as expensive as carb so get your facts before you start making retarded comments like that

now don't get me wrong but, if you know what to look for and all that other good stuff, shouldn't you beable to find EFI parts at reasonable cost as well??
but my 2 cents is EFI i'm not a fan of carbs, have just never worked on them enough

The surging idle fix is much cheaper and easier that you think....

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. Everything you need to find and fix idle problems is in there.

The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.

been there done that, car needs to be tuned

Retarded, lol.
Good luck with your build. You're gonna need it, you obviously have no clue what you are in for or what basic efi parts cost vs carbed parts.
I've been doing the mustang thing for quite some time. Had tons of different parts and setups.
Nothing about any finalized turbo setup is budget orientated. I've seen dozen's of home made turbo kits, all of which were eventually replaced by professional kits, superchargers or never finished at all.
See us in 6 years when the car is done.
Honestly, if you have to ask turbo setup questions here, you shouldn't be doing it.